Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   buying real estate (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=356077)

astroglide 10-13-2005 12:57 PM

Re: buying real estate

[ QUOTE ]
You will spend 300/month on upkeep and condo fees

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm not checking the other figures, but i think that is a really high estimate. i live in a 200,000 condominium and my condo fees are 140/month. that includes insurance which covers anything on the walls or floors and all of the structure (paint, flooring, shower walls, etc), the only insurance needed is for personal items like televisions and computers.

Indiana 10-13-2005 01:30 PM

140/month is very cheap for condo fees. Downtown indy the minimum for anything reasonable is $285. Depends on where you live and the age of your place.

Indy

Sifmole 10-13-2005 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

only filed tax returns last year, and not for a lot of money

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
why does everyone think i avoided paying taxes???

[/ QUOTE ]

Beacause you are supposedly swimming in money but file "not for a lot of money" -- the disconnect leads to assumptions.

daryn 10-13-2005 05:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Beacause you are supposedly swimming in money but file "not for a lot of money" -- the disconnect leads to assumptions.

[/ QUOTE ]

last year i didn't file for a lot of money because i didn't make a lot of money. i filed for what i made.

i have made significantly more money this year already.

do you understand?

Subfallen 10-13-2005 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

last year i didn't file for a lot of money because i didn't make a lot of money. i filed for what i made.

i have made significantly more money this year already.

do you understand?

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha awesome.

haakee 10-13-2005 08:26 PM

Don't forget property taxes.

ptmusic 10-13-2005 08:43 PM

Buy Home Buying For Dummies

Really! My wife and I learned a lot from it. We gave up on our first choice house when we were out bid, and that was a learning experience too.

We had learned so much that when we went after another house, we were negotiating masters. Or at least we did an adequate job. Plus we got a great loan deal.

Learn, don't just jump in. It is the biggest, riskiest investment you probably will have made up to this point, by far.

-ptmusic