Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Paul Phillips, $2-5 Mirage (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=222962)

aggie 04-07-2005 03:54 PM

Re: Mason what about these win rate claims!

[ QUOTE ]
Oh, I forgot this Eric guy majored in Math at MIT

[/ QUOTE ]

2 sentances later:

[ QUOTE ]
Of course he doesn't mention what year he graduated or what his degree is in

[/ QUOTE ]

Vince Lepore 04-07-2005 03:55 PM

Re: Read this from Eric!

[ QUOTE ]
if I asked you if you were a "winning" poker player (whatever that means), would you need to play 50,000 hands before you could answer

[/ QUOTE ]

You are not serious are you? Winning 60 /hr/ at 15-30 after 300 hrs at 15 - 30 does not equate to a win rate of 60/hr All it means, if it's true, is that he played his "rush". come back afte 2k or 3k hours and show me the result. Maybe he'll have somehting then. I hear it all the time how these fellows are makeing 250k a year playing 15-30 online. I've never once seen anyone back up those numbers.

Vince.

Mason Malmuth 04-07-2005 03:58 PM

Hi Vince:

I would say that $60 per game is high. But I am told that in some games you do get over 80 hands per hour. If that's the case then this number might be achieveable. But the claim of $120 to $200 an hour if you are multitabling does seem achieveable to me.

Best wishes,
Mason

Vince Lepore 04-07-2005 03:59 PM

Maybe you missed the point of the last sentence.

[ QUOTE ]
Of course he doesn't mention what year he graduated or what his degree is in

[/ QUOTE ]

He never says that he graduated. I'm sure that escaped you, so I thought I'd point it out.

Vince

Vince Lepore 04-07-2005 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But the claim of $120 to $200 an hour if you are multitabling does seem achieveable to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really! $200 an hour at 15-30? That's a mere $8,000 (at 8 hours a day) a week. 400k a year. Impressive. Mason, have you been sipping the passover wine again?

Vince

aggie 04-07-2005 04:19 PM

You got me Vince, I did miss the point you were making. But i'm pretty sure being admitted to MIT can pretty much stand on it's own merrit. Anybody they admit probably has the ability to graduate and get a degree so i really don't think it's particularly relevant whether or not they actually got one. Didn't you see Good Will Hunting?

LuvDemNutz 04-07-2005 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You got me Vince, I did miss the point you were making. But i'm pretty sure being admitted to MIT can pretty much stand on it's own merrit. Anybody they admit probably has the ability to graduate and get a degree so i really don't think it's particularly relevant whether or not they actually got one. Didn't you see Good Will Hunting?

[/ QUOTE ]

I went to Cornell and the smartest guy I've ever met failed out.

turnipmonster 04-07-2005 04:26 PM

can we please get back to arguing how much you can make in the party 15/30 here in the mid-high stakes PL/NL strategy forum?

HooHa 04-07-2005 04:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
can we please get back to arguing how much you can make in the party 15/30 here in the mid-high stakes PL/NL strategy forum?

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely priceless!

Popinjay 04-07-2005 04:46 PM

I once made over $200/hr 4 tabling the old party nl200 6 max tables (2/4 NL) over like 25k hands!