Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Multi-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   How old are you? Where do you live? Best poker achievement? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=297687)

Stoneii 07-22-2005 08:06 PM

Re: How old are you? Where do you live? Best poker achievement?

Hi PM

No, been a lurker again recently but haven't been around as much as I'd like - it's been a busy 6 months my friend with work getting in the way of too many decent games [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] - things moving nicely again though.

You have had a fabulous year PM - well worth every bit - now all I need is for Doc, U and I to agree a hook up in some live tournie some day [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

p.s. young Jacarama (if you recall him from 2+2 stars events) finished 7th to Andy Black's 1st in a Dublin poker event several months back (lost only to a HUGE bad beat but then....) and then feels the jealousy of watching Andy finish 5th in WSOP ME [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Really good to hear from you

stoneii

West 07-22-2005 08:09 PM

35 yrs old
live in Maryland
single
currently a Software Help Desk Support person
done with school
a few of my favorite movies off the top of my head:

Dumb and Dumber
Blade Runner
The Usual Suspects
Unforgiven

Like a lot of people I played a lot of cards when I was younger without really knowing what I was doing, but seriously got into it a little less than two years ago.

Best poker accomplishments...have done well when I was regularly playing $50 SnGs for a while without a job....best MTT cash was on Stars, 3rd place in a 900+ field that I think paid $3300 or so

oh yeah, and if I ever just want to get pissed off, I just go browse the politics forum a little bit

PrayingMantis 07-22-2005 08:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
now all I need is for Doc, U and I to agree a hook up in some live tournie some day

[/ QUOTE ]

And BK too! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

(we met in EPT Deaville BTW, good times. And he also qualified for the WSOP recently, but unfortunately busted the first day...).

07-23-2005 05:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Have you by chance been on Televised poker in the last few months?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I haven't. But now that you have my curiousity peaked, who and which show were you thinking of?

[ QUOTE ]

I enjoyed your post, and it's a nice reminder that you don't have to place first and win a balizzion dollars to still enjoy this game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. Flattery will get you everywhere, as the saying goes. Just kidding. :-)

I've lurked at this website for years without ever posting. Not sure why I'm posting a lot now. I guess I've just been in the mood for writing this week. It helps me think and reflect on past events and get some feedback on past errors.

Stoneii 07-23-2005 08:41 AM

Of course BK too [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] - Is he still making his living from the game online ? Hope it's going really well for him. I met up with him online on a small site that was hosting a satellite to a british open tournie - lol - we both thought we were being clever finding it before the sharks got wind of it but of course we instantly recognised each other lol.

needless to say neither of us made it, but did get deep [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

stoneii

Neuge 07-23-2005 09:21 AM

I realize I don't post often, but I'm a 25 year old graduate student at Arizona State University. I'm majoring in chemical engineering and do Computational Fluid Dynamics research.

I'm a fairly succesful researcher, but am completely unaccomplished in the poker world. I occasionally play the local 3/6 limit games and the 18+rebuy tourney at a local cardroom (Ft. McDowell in Phoenix for those of you curious).

I'm limited by my budget as a graduate student and can't play nearly as often as I'd like to. So I mostly play poker as a recreational activity.

This is me. I'd like a nice bankroll, but if my friends aren't willing to spot me that loan, I doubt you are either. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

tiger7210 07-23-2005 12:22 PM

I'm 33 (April 28, 1972)
I live in Coral Springs, FL (suburb of Ft. Lauderdale)
Married with 2 kids
1 boy- 10 yrs old 1 girl- 4 yrs old
I have a Pest Control business that I'm selling and will soon be coaching soccer for a living
Favorite movie is Gladiator
I've only been playing poker now about 16 months.
Best poker accomplishments- have won 3 tournies on Stars,UB with biggest buy in being $20 which is what I normally play. 17th place finish in the Stars Sunday tourny.

I only wish I had the time to play more, but with a young family its very difficult to find the time. The best poker decision I ever made was joining this forum where I have learned so much and spoken to some really good people.

fluorescenthippo 07-23-2005 12:32 PM

Birthday? 4/23/85. im 20
Where do you live? Madison, WI
Are you married? Single
Occupation besides poker? No
Favorite movie? Enemy of the State, Theres Something About Mary, Forrest Gump
Best poker acomplishment? just getting to the level I am at now
How long been playing? 5 months

el_dusto 07-23-2005 01:34 PM

I am 23 years old, born December 20th, 1981.
I live in Grand Forks, ND.
I am single with no children
I'm a student at the University of North Dakota, pursuing B.S. in psychology
My favorite movies include Team America, South Park, Lost in Translation, American Beauty, and many more
My best poker accomplishment? 24th in a 5+1 speed tourney on party, a couple of decent $33 2tt/3tt win streaks... not much, but a good start ^_^

faustusmedea 07-23-2005 01:38 PM

Birthday? 8/7/60
Where do you live? Colorado
Are you married? Single
Occupation besides poker? No
Favorite movie? Im a movie geek; Almost Famous, the Clint Spagetti westerns, Color of Money for a few
Best poker acomplishment?
PP 1M guaranteed 2nd pl ($123k)
PP 200k 2nd pl (32k)
Dise 50k 1st (12k)
2nd (7.5k)
Dise Pearl 1st (7k)
Dise Paris Trip (15k)
all within the last 13 months. I play as majic on Dise, GlassPrison on PP

How long been playing? 15 Years