Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Dear Lee Jones (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=356439)

Freudian 10-22-2005 06:54 AM

Re: You asked for \'em - 20-table S&Gs - running *RIGHT NOW*

[ QUOTE ]
One limited buyin event coming up. Right now!!

We just filled one (180 people) in no time. But another automatically spawned. There's another one starting right now. Go to Tourneys -> All -> and then sort by date (most recent at the top). You'll see. The current one filling (at 10:10 PM Eastern time 10/21) is 14093597.

Rock on, people.

Best regards,
Lee Jones

PokerStars Poker Room Manager

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh, sounds like you have created a monster here.

Good job. I think both kinds of MTTs have a place in a poker room. I know that I and others have sometimes not signed up for a Pokerstars MTT since we don't have 5-6 hours to spare and that is the time you have to put aside for a normal Stars MTT.

William 10-22-2005 10:34 AM

Re: Dear Lee Jones

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I have one crazy idea. I love playing in tournaments and remember the days on pokerstars of 100-300 people(about 3-4 years ago) in 10 dollar, 20, 50 and up tournaments.

Have a promotion of 100-300 player SNG's. ie. between 10:00-11:00 on a Tuesday night on the main tournament page have 20+2 200 player max. as soon as one fills up start another one until 11:00 p.m. hits. You can do this with Various buys-in and Various Max. Players. Does anyone else think this would be a good and fun idea?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a great idea. I'd much rather play a tourney with 400 or less people rather than the 1000-1500 normally found.

[/ QUOTE ]

Best idea yet. Will probably never happen... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bad read.

- Jags

[/ QUOTE ]

Reverse psychology, ever heard of it?... Probably not.
Don't thank me....

And btw, were they only available yesterday evening those tourneys? can't find them now....

gabbahh 10-22-2005 11:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
One limited buyin event coming up. Right now!!

We just filled one (180 people) in no time. But another automatically spawned. There's another one starting right now. Go to Tourneys -> All -> and then sort by date (most recent at the top). You'll see. The current one filling (at 10:10 PM Eastern time 10/21) is 14093597.

Rock on, people.

Best regards,
Lee Jones

PokerStars Poker Room Manager

[/ QUOTE ]
If Pstars were a girl, I'd marry her.

William 10-22-2005 11:37 AM

Very nice, best of luck with them.
Many of us were fed up with the mamouth multis, we'll enjoy these ones a lot, also because it is not always about getting rich in one shot...

Ty,
William [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Ro-me-ro 10-22-2005 01:03 PM

The one down-side, if it can be called one is that since they are "Sit&Go" events, they don't qualify for TLB points. Perhaps we could evaluate that though.

Ellis

augie00 10-22-2005 02:46 PM

I think that the fields are big enough to consider them tournaments for TLB points. Although there are few, there still are *some* regular MTTs that do not reach 180 players.

ptmusic 10-22-2005 05:39 PM

Lee,

Could you merge with PartyPoker? Thanks.

ptmusic

10-22-2005 07:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure I like idea #3 - what if you're typing in a 1500 reraise in a SNG, but the table loses focus for a cash game where you raise allin when you really wanted to fold... I'm pretty sure I'd be breaking things the second time I do that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why take the focus away from a table where the player is being prompted to act?

jwvdcw 10-22-2005 10:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I have one crazy idea. I love playing in tournaments and remember the days on pokerstars of 100-300 people(about 3-4 years ago) in 10 dollar, 20, 50 and up tournaments.

Have a promotion of 100-300 player SNG's. ie. between 10:00-11:00 on a Tuesday night on the main tournament page have 20+2 200 player max. as soon as one fills up start another one until 11:00 p.m. hits. You can do this with Various buys-in and Various Max. Players. Does anyone else think this would be a good and fun idea?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a great idea. I'd much rather play a tourney with 400 or less people rather than the 1000-1500 normally found.

[/ QUOTE ]

Best idea yet. Will probably never happen... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bad read.

- Jags

[/ QUOTE ]

icy pots, friend.

wmspringer 10-22-2005 11:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

And btw, were they only available yesterday evening those tourneys? can't find them now....

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently they're only available in the evenings. I couldn't find any earlier, but I'm playing one now