Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Politics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   What do you think about this quote? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=330769)

siccjay 09-06-2005 07:29 PM

Re: What do you think about this quote?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No. They don't make life good. But those are MREs that those people didn't pay for. They're sleeping in a building that they didn't pay for. Bad things happen. The alternative is much worse. They could be without food or shelter.

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel the same way.

Her quote doesn't offend me because I think the government is responsible for providing better temporary housing for these people, it offends me because she callously thinks that being evacuated from your home and packed into a football stadium is no big deal for these people since they were living in poverty anyways, as if she even knows what she's talking about.

[/ QUOTE ]

siccjay 09-06-2005 07:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know why you're attacking Jake about this when he's being perfectly reasonable.

To the OP: don't post this crap in here. Regardless of your intentions, it was inevitably going to devolve into this sort of thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I posted this in OOT because I don't post in the politics forum and I wanted to see if I was a crazy moran to think this quote was utterly retarted.

In other words, I'll post my crap wherever I want.

sam h 09-06-2005 07:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
correct me if im wrong...but, isnt that exactly what you attempted to do in your previous post? like EXACTLY? why are you allowed to make up a context and no one else is?

[/ QUOTE ]

Good question. Since the BB quote on its own seems to be implying what I (and others) have said, then it is incumbent upon Peachy to show why we should interpret it in a totally different way. I keep asking her to make that argument, but ultimately she hasn't presented any evidence other than to sound exasperated and reference some mythical other post. Probably she will reply to this one too without answering that question.

siccjay 09-06-2005 07:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
She's not talking about people in the astrodome. She's talking about people who evacuated to texas liking it better than new orleans.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious? She said the [censored] word ARENA. She is talking about both.

siccjay 09-06-2005 07:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
u read what u wanna read

[/ QUOTE ]

Practice what you preach.

She said people are better off now. How can they be better off with everything they had to their name destroyed. Even if it wasn't much.

PITTM 09-06-2005 07:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
u read what u wanna read

[/ QUOTE ]

Practice what you preach.

She said people are better off now. How can they be better off with everything they had to their name destroyed. Even if it wasn't much.

[/ QUOTE ]

dude, they get to live in a dome! problem solved...

rj

superleeds 09-06-2005 07:50 PM

She's saying 'hey, they got food and shelter, they ain't living in my backyard, [censored]'em'

siccjay 09-06-2005 08:01 PM

If they only had tents, then they would be better off!!

09-06-2005 08:29 PM

George Bush is going to have to put some duct tape over her mouth from the same roll that he has used on Mike Brown the head of FEMA. Notice that you don't see him on TV anymore after all the stupid things he admitted to like the fact that FEMA didn't even know people were congregating at the Convention Center despite the fact that it had been on every news channel for the preceeding two days.

Now Barbara and Brown can go bowling together.

TransientR 09-06-2005 09:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
She is talking about all the people in the Astrodome.

""So many of the people in the arena here, you know, were underprivileged anyway, so this is working very well for them.""
-Barbara Bush

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to cite the full quote:

"What I'm hearing which is sort of scary is that they all want to stay in Texas. Everybody is so overwhelemed by the hospitality. And so many of the people in the arena here, you know, were underprivileged anyway so this (chuckle)--this is working very well for them."

Typical Bush family sensitivity toward those not privileged like themselves [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Frank