Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Multi-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   *Official* WCCOP #2 (Sweat, Updates, Etc) (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=330162)

beset7 09-06-2005 01:55 AM

Re: *Official* WCCOP #2 (Sweat, Updates, Etc)

[ QUOTE ]
Most people aren't as good at Omaha as they are at Texas Holdem. It's both much more complicated and not played as much.

Doesn't that make sense?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, hand values PREFLOP run much closer together. Its a very different game. I do agree that short stack it turns into a luckfest but same could be said of NLHE. People knowing how to play or not doesn't have much to do with it I don't think.

09-06-2005 02:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
that part makes sense, but that doesn't mean it follows that omaha is more of a crapshoot

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh.

I just spent 5 minutes writing up an answer. As I wrote it, it steadily dawned on me what a flimsy pile of crap it was. So I'll just retract my statement and retreat with whatever dignity I can.

On a completely different note, epokerman is a class act. He wants a break not for himself, but to let PokerMillion (the chip leader) reconnect, in the interest of fairness.

Props to him.

Superfluous Man 09-06-2005 02:23 AM

Lee Jones [PokerRoom Manager]: So Rabs, you're sitting at the final table as chip leader, and you're dissing our software?

Uh oh. Is Lee Jones gon' have to choke a bitch?

09-06-2005 02:48 AM

Siegel 1st in chips... two hands later, out. WOW

All that when "bogg" was obviously happy to just blind out and only had 1 round left.

I guess he didn't care about the difference between 6th and 7th.. but still. wow

AlphaWice 09-06-2005 02:56 AM

Lol, MR32 says in chat that he got quads 3 times this event... what a lucky bitch

z32fanatic 09-06-2005 03:05 AM

Quote of the night:

MR32: how about $70K each, play for the rest
MR32: that's leaves almost $30k
PokerMillion: not fair
#1PEN (has 12% of the chips) : i would take it

chuddo 09-06-2005 03:09 AM

"#1PEN: ill take 73k minimum"

classic. he has 780k of 6,500k chips in play.

and wants slighly less than 1/3rd of the remaining prize pool.

beset7 09-06-2005 03:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
MR32: agreed, this is more than i dreamed of winning

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe because you're absolute godawful at plo? I luv pokah.

trumpman84 09-06-2005 03:12 AM

That was the worst deal making discussion I've ever seen. True, Pen should get more than 3rd place money, but he was asking for more than 2nd place money and only had 12% of the chips in play.

chuddo 09-06-2005 03:12 AM

and then busts out 3 hands after play resumes when he flops a set against an under two-pair and flush draw that gets there on the river.

ironical?