Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Colored screen names (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=361339)

[censored] 10-25-2005 08:02 PM

Re: Colored screen names

[ QUOTE ]
What was your reasoning?

The beefs that people had with the color tended to be an argument that I don't think held much water (save for the white/yellow unreadable colors).

[/ QUOTE ]

I was either for a free for all or a none for all. I thought the free all looked horrible as did many other posters.

B Dids 10-25-2005 08:04 PM

See, I'm not sure that "looking horrible" was a good enough reason. I mean, if we're really that concerned about presentation, there's about 1500 avatars and horrible screen names that need to die too.

I do agree that if it was implemented it shouldn't have been just who knew a mod. (that's what custom titles are for!).

[censored] 10-25-2005 08:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
See, I'm not sure that "looking horrible" was a good enough reason. I mean, if we're really that concerned about presentation, there's about 1500 avatars and horrible screen names that need to die too.

I do agree that if it was implemented it shouldn't have been just who knew a mod. (that's what custom titles are for!).

[/ QUOTE ]

The thing is as it is now and was precolor explosion, colors had meaning that benefited 2p2 users. Red meant admin or author and Green meant Moderator. These colors had purpose.

The other colors had no purpose. Thus, I do think it is appropriate to look at issues like forum presentation when deciding their fate. Of course this is all a matter of opinion and can't be argued conclusively in either direction.

B Dids 10-25-2005 08:14 PM

This reasonable approach is going to do nothing for your reputation as a power hungry nazi.

[censored] 10-25-2005 08:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This reasonable approach is going to do nothing for your reputation as a power hungry nazi.

[/ QUOTE ]

it's ok I'll just ban some people tonight to get to where I need to be.

StevieG 10-25-2005 11:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This thread sparked several mod fights in the mod forum over the last six days. The end result, due to a Mat decision, is that all screen names have been returned to their normal color.

Any suggestions on how to stir up another hornet's nest?

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe that most if not all of these are admin functions, not moderators, but I'll give it a go:

* re-enable signatures
* separate display name from login name so that users can change their names at will
* start a "graemlins" thread, and then add the images posted to the thread as new graemlins

lighterjobs 10-25-2005 11:59 PM

colored names were that big of a deal? that's sad.

Sponger15SB 10-26-2005 12:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Any suggestions on how to stir up another hornet's nest?

[/ QUOTE ]

A stick

cassette 10-26-2005 12:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
* re-enable signatures
* separate display name from login name so that users can change their names at will
* start a "graemlins" thread, and then add the images posted to the thread as new graemlins

[/ QUOTE ]

For the love of God, please do not do any of this. These changes would make 2+2 nearly unreadable.

Crimson 10-26-2005 02:38 AM

white. definantly not crimson.