Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Got stiffed on a tip tonight (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=358084)

Sponger15SB 10-15-2005 03:33 PM

Re: Got stiffed on a tip tonight

[ QUOTE ]
The fact that I'm an 18-20% server should tell you that I'm not half bad at the job.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes and we're all really impressed. I'm sure you've got the most flair out of all the applebee's servers and you've been employee of the month since july.

Yeti 10-15-2005 03:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this was the only post that pissed me off.

Really, "people with no skills and no degree"? Well, let me fill you in then. My qualifications:

-Bachelor of Science: Aeronautical Science
-Commercial Pilot: Airplane Single and Multiengine Land, Instrument Airplane
-Flight Instructor: Airplane Single and Multiengine, Instrument Airplane

Good enough skills for ya? Oh yeah, there's a degree there too. I work with at least 2 other people with the same qualifications that I have. Another server has a Bachelor of Science degree in Applied Mathematics. Yep, we're all idiots.

[censored] tool.

[/ QUOTE ]

Get a proper job then.

Clarkmeister 10-15-2005 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
this was the only post that pissed me off.

Really, "people with no skills and no degree"? Well, let me fill you in then. My qualifications:

-Bachelor of Science: Aeronautical Science
-Commercial Pilot: Airplane Single and Multiengine Land, Instrument Airplane
-Flight Instructor: Airplane Single and Multiengine, Instrument Airplane

Good enough skills for ya? Oh yeah, there's a degree there too. I work with at least 2 other people with the same qualifications that I have. Another server has a Bachelor of Science degree in Applied Mathematics. Yep, we're all idiots.

[censored] tool.

[/ QUOTE ]

Get a proper job then.

[/ QUOTE ]

It does beg the question of "why the [censored] aren't you flying a plane", doesn't it?

DasLeben 10-15-2005 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It does beg the question of "why the [censored] aren't you flying a plane", doesn't it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm actually going back to school in January to become an air traffic controller. The market for pilots right now sucks. As of right now, I'm hanging out and paying bills.

Yeti 10-15-2005 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It does beg the question...

[/ QUOTE ]

Careful man, they'll be all over you.

miajag81 10-15-2005 03:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The fact that I'm an 18-20% server should tell you that I'm not half bad at the job.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes and we're all really impressed. I'm sure you've got the most flair out of all the applebee's servers and you've been employee of the month since july.

[/ QUOTE ]

heh. nh.

DasLeben 10-15-2005 03:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oooh, you sure told me. Considering I know servers making 20%+ on a daily basis, I'm not the "shining star" of my restaurant. I'm simply pointing out that I'm not half bad at what I do. Say, what's your ROI?

Manque 10-15-2005 03:52 PM

So what should you do about crap service?

Manque 10-15-2005 03:57 PM

So you are willing to pay more regardless of the service?

chesspain 10-15-2005 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Shitty tipper Database

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

These servers would not have to go onto the internet to bitch to interested parties about thier tips if they knew how to share their cocaine.