Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   WSOP Day 6: "Official" Results, News & Discussion (Part 2) (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=292925)

Kevmath 07-15-2005 12:28 AM

Re: Chip Counts+Seats

It seems it's a variation of the System, as she has made out some huge overbets, and seems to love to push with A-x.

Kevin...

Nottom 07-15-2005 12:30 AM

Re: Chip Counts+Seats

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Maybe Tiffany read pg. 140 of Sklansky's Tournament Poker for Advanced Players [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

If they mention "The System" on espn, then don't expect to get a half sane low buy-in no limit game for a while. David Sklansky, Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

"The System" works due to fear of being eliminated and wasting your tourney life (all the travel, the huge entry fee etc). In the low limit buy-ins, the fear is not there and renders the system useless for the most part.

[/ QUOTE ]

and you expect that to stop people from trying?

Kevmath 07-15-2005 12:30 AM

Williamson Doubles up Against Hachem

A-10 v 6-4, she flops trip A's.

needcash 07-15-2005 12:32 AM

Re: Williamson Doubles up Against Hachem

I liked Matusow's interview. That's pretty stand up of him to defend Raymer like that, after what went on last year.

TheCroShow 07-15-2005 12:33 AM

for those of us that have not read/memorized every 2+2 book, what is "the system?" i have read through about 2/3 of SSHE...

istewart 07-15-2005 12:33 AM

Tiffany has never folded an ace. What a bitch.

Mr_Gordon 07-15-2005 12:35 AM

Here is a dirrect link to the MM interview for those of you too lazy to go hunting for it. I thought Mike had a lot of great things to say and he has turned my impression of him as a person around. Definately check it out.

Kevmath 07-15-2005 12:35 AM

Kanter Busts Howard

A-10 v QQ K-J-10-7-Q on the river.

whalekock 07-15-2005 12:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
for those of us that have not read/memorized every 2+2 book, what is "the system?" i have read through about 2/3 of SSHE...

[/ QUOTE ]
Basically Any pair or Ace/King, Ace/Queen is an all in hand. No matter if there was a bet in front of you or not.

Tom Bayes 07-15-2005 12:38 AM

The System is all-in or fold method for playing NLHE tourneys that Sklansky describes in Tournament Poker for Advanced Players. Sklansky devised it for a novice player figuring that was their best chance of surviving for a decent amount of time. Sklansky never intended it to be an optimal way to play NLHE and it only can really work in big buy-in tournaments against old-school tight players (i.e. from the McEvoy school). Try the System in a few low buy-in online tournaments and you'll either be a chip leader or out in 10 minutes.

Nottom 07-15-2005 12:41 AM

Re: Kantor v Raymer

[ QUOTE ]
The latest Matusow video clip on CP is good. He wonders why the hell Ivey was playing large pots against these players. He ripped Kantor pretty hard for calling the flop against Greg.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I saw that.

The intervies with Raymer are pretty good as well. He describes the action on the big hand much better than any of the sites I have seen.

Basically it goes like this:

Stacks are about 2.2KK and 1.8KK

Blinds 20K/40K w/5K ante

Raymer makes it 100K from MP w/KK and is called by Kanter in the CO with QJs.

Flop is 356. Raymer bets 150K. Kanter "smoothcalls" intending to make a move on the turn.

Turn is the 7h, giving him the flushdraw. Raymer bets 300K, Kanter makes it 800K, Raymer pushes, Kanter calls for what looks to be about 750-800K more so hes getting about 3.5-1 on his call here.

Note that even with all that money in the pot, hes getting well short of what he needs to call (more like 4.5-1), unless hes putting Greg on something like TT which seems pretty hopeful at best.

TheCroShow 07-15-2005 12:41 AM

ah i gotcha, i recall doing that when i first started. my buddy got mad at me and said "dude come on, you gotta play post-flop poker, that's where it's at." so i slowed down on the all-in stuff preflop and now i'm basically the ownerer at poker.

Ruddiger 07-15-2005 12:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ah i gotcha, i recall doing that when i first started. my buddy got mad at me and said "dude come on, you gotta play post-flop poker, that's where it's at." so i slowed down on the all-in stuff preflop and now i'm basically the ownerer at poker.

[/ QUOTE ]
I bet you are.

ohkanada 07-15-2005 12:45 AM

I agree. Mike looks very genuine in that interview when discussing how bad the guy played it against Greg.

Ken

mustardinmyhair 07-15-2005 12:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is my new catch-phrase:
"i'm basically the ownerer at poker"

cthomer5000 07-15-2005 12:48 AM

Gutshot says Tiffany is out.

Russ McGinley 07-15-2005 12:48 AM

H-Dog Eliminated

[ QUOTE ]
Title: Tiffany Williamson Eliminated in 15th Place ($450,000)
Log: Tiffany Williamson goes all-in from the small blind. Tex Barch calls the $340,000 bet. Williamson shows 5-5, and Barch shows Jc-8c. The flop comes 9-9-7. The turn is is the Jd, and Williamson is in big trouble. The river is the Ks, and Williamson is eliminated. Barch adds the $500,000 pot to his $5,000,000+ stack.

[/ QUOTE ]

istewart 07-15-2005 12:48 AM

She's out. Thank [censored] god.

cthomer5000 07-15-2005 12:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Video of the final hand:

http://www.gutshot.com/wsop/wsop2005...iffFeature.jpg

usmfan 07-15-2005 12:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree. Mike looks very genuine in that interview when discussing how bad the guy played it against Greg.

Ken

[/ QUOTE ]

At least now maybe its possible to see that MM hates the all-in PF game against anybody, not just when he gets knocked out by it. I don't know. I'm reserving judgment on MM, but he's getting back a lot of ground in my book from last year. Good point he made though about Ivey playing big pots.

Gorgonian 07-15-2005 12:53 AM

NICE cth

TheCroShow 07-15-2005 12:53 AM

tiffany is out =/ no luv lost here, nh tiff

benza13 07-15-2005 12:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Video of the final hand:

[/ QUOTE ]

nh! POTD

Nottom 07-15-2005 12:56 AM

Re: H-Dog Eliminated

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Title: Tiffany Williamson Eliminated in 15th Place ($450,000)
Log: Tiffany Williamson goes all-in from the small blind. Tex Barch calls the $340,000 bet. Williamson shows 5-5, and Barch shows Jc-8c. The flop comes 9-9-7. The turn is is the Jd, and Williamson is in big trouble. The river is the Ks, and Williamson is eliminated. Barch adds the $500,000 pot to his $5,000,000+ stack.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Noooooooooooooooooooo!

Paxosmotic 07-15-2005 12:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh praise jesus!

chopstick 07-15-2005 12:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't stand that CardPlayer interview guy. Anyone else?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's exactly what I was just thinking, having watched the Kantor interview about 30 seconds ago. So yes, there are others.

jcmack13 07-15-2005 12:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Video of the final hand:

[/ QUOTE ]

nh! POTD

[/ QUOTE ]

she hasn't actually left the table yet. She's sitting there chipless. Players are thinking about calling the clock on her.

Kevmath 07-15-2005 12:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I can't stand that CardPlayer interview guy. Anyone else?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's exactly what I was just thinking, having watched the Kantor interview about 30 seconds ago. So yes, there are millions.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

shant 07-15-2005 01:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
[censored] YES

jacki 07-15-2005 01:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Video of the final hand:

[/ QUOTE ]

Fucking hilarious

baby-jesus 07-15-2005 01:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh praise jesus!

[/ QUOTE ]

You're welcome. She was really slowing the game down. Not a bad person, but I was getting tired of the use of my name in vain after the suckouts.

detroitplayer 07-15-2005 01:13 AM

Re: Raymer Crippled

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Are you a 14 year old girl? Seriously, the avatar and the post, I'm just curious.

[/ QUOTE ]

makes me wonder why you're interested in a 14 year old girl.

back on topic, GO TIFFANY!

[/ QUOTE ]
You could've just answered the question.

[/ QUOTE ]

He did.

shant 07-15-2005 01:15 AM

Hi detroitplayer, we weren't discussing your area of expertise, late big-buyin tournament strategy, so please mind your business.

PITTM 07-15-2005 01:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi detroitplayer, we weren't discussing your area of expertise, late big-buyin tournament strategy, so please mind your business.

[/ QUOTE ]

nh sir

cameroncrazy 07-15-2005 01:18 AM

Re: Raymer Crippled *DELETED*

Post deleted by cameroncrazy

Smarty 07-15-2005 01:21 AM

Damn, Matusow looks genuinely upset about what happened to Raymer. Hope Greg sees this video at some point.

cwsiggy 07-15-2005 01:23 AM

Matusow bleeding chips...

hmmmmmmm - I know is still early but his stack is now almost half the size at 3.5 ish.

TheCroShow 07-15-2005 01:23 AM

aye, he is upset because he hates to see the huge donk "suck out" on raymer. probably a horrible call in retrospect, but hey..THAT'S POKER!

chopstick 07-15-2005 01:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Video of the final hand:

[/ QUOTE ]

This may be the greatest post I have ever seen.

detroitplayer 07-15-2005 01:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry. I'll leave the 14 year-old girl stuff up to you. Assuming that's your expertise.