Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   MHNL Heads-Up Invitational I - Registration (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=386720)

edge 11-28-2005 06:10 PM

Re: MHNL Heads-Up Invitational I - Registration

Why not just go for play money for the real matches? It's not like the $150 makes or breaks anyone's roll.

I still haven't decided if I'm in. I have to check if I can afford losing 1500 right now.

thabadguy 11-28-2005 06:11 PM

I have a question, It is nearing the end of the semester, which in other words means crunch time...i might not be able to play... but i would really like to
Would it be possible for me to get a refund if i am unable to play...
Another alternative would be to hold this in january.

Gregg777 11-28-2005 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
er, cough, are there no sites that have play money hu nl?

[/ QUOTE ]

I just looked and UB does.

citanul 11-28-2005 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
er, cough, are there no sites that have play money hu nl?

[/ QUOTE ]

I just looked and UB does.

[/ QUOTE ]

next step is checking hte rebuy conditions or ability to get enough chips to play a 3 buyin game on said tables. keep goin.

c

Gregg777 11-28-2005 06:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
next step is checking hte rebuy conditions or ability to get enough chips to play a 3 buyin game on said tables. keep goin.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have never used play money so I am not familiar with it.

Maybe some of the high stakes players could email UB and ask them if a list of users could get 5,000 points added to their play accounts?

TylerD 11-28-2005 06:28 PM

I haven't read the whole thread, but couldn't you get PokerStars to hold the money for you?

Apathy 11-28-2005 06:31 PM

I want in.

Apathy 11-28-2005 06:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I haven't read the whole thread, but couldn't you get PokerStars to hold the money for you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not likely since it is being played on UB.

Matt Flynn 11-28-2005 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1. I'm in
2. I too think the money should just be transferred in chunks
3. maybe I'm wrong, but I don't know if you guys realize how long it could take to play a 300-500BB HU match.....I remember last year we were at the Wynn, and Matt played some dude HU for $6k each and they jacked the blinds up to like 25/50 and it still took like 4-5 hours of them battling before they decided to just quit.....

[/ QUOTE ]

My favorite was when I potted the AKQJT no flush board and he folded. I got caught twice with good against huge and then had to battle back repeatedly. Sigh.

IHateCats 11-28-2005 06:34 PM

None of the websites have proven to be particularly helpful in organizing games outside of their usual formats, see the attempts to organize a deepstack game recently for more details, Chuddo is doing the logical thing and organizing things around what the websites already have setup and working.