Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Admitting defeat (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=356663)

bicyclekick 10-14-2005 02:04 PM

Re: TEX\'S 2 CENTS<<<<<<

Very good post man.

Thanks for the encouragement.

Victor 10-14-2005 02:16 PM

Re: TEX\'S 2 CENTS<<<<<<

[ QUOTE ]
If I could only be truly numb and calm with poker all the time, sigh.

[/ QUOTE ]

you will continually lose more than you ever thought possible over and over again. eventually you wont care.

TaintedRogue 10-14-2005 02:28 PM

Re: Admitting defeat

[ QUOTE ]
Things went decent then this past Monday I had a great day. I think my biggest day ever. +34k. Was really hot and I was playing great poker. Today was the complete opposite. -48k. ooof.

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you have done anything differently "today" if you had taken the 34K you won and invested 28K for retirement and used the other 6K for a vacation? I know that when I'm playing with "my money" I play better. "My money," is money that I won to get me the bankroll for the next level.
I've never played 100/200 and don't ever see myself playing 80/160 or even 40/80, however, I can play 20/40 with won money, that I cherish, because I've bought so much with its earnings.
I can remember the days I went back to the table a few days after a big score, with a big head and the "score" still in my pocket............

10-14-2005 02:32 PM

I dropped 100k last month playing the 150 300d game, I was beating it for 2 months but ran in to extremely bad cards which in return produced extremely bad play. Anyways don`t be sad it happens, thats poker... And if you truly have an edge you have nothing too worry about cos life if good and you make a living playing a game that you would play anyways.

bicyclekick 10-14-2005 03:42 PM

Lol i just dropped 100 bb in 500 hands at 30/60. I rule. Best player ever. No stress. My mind is no different than when I started the session. I love it.

daryn 10-14-2005 03:44 PM

mmmm what tables are you on? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

bicyclekick 10-14-2005 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the search feature works.

J_V 10-14-2005 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what % of those comments are directed at people i talk with on aregular basis.?

[/ QUOTE ]

100%

[ QUOTE ]
what % of those comments are jokes?

[/ QUOTE ]

100%.

But that's the point. We get it. You're pretty good at limit hold 'em and pretty good at NL hold 'em. You can save the inferiority complex slready.

You're welcome in my 300-600, 2-7 triple draw, badougi game anyday of the week, though.

daryn 10-14-2005 04:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

next time someone asks me what time it is i'm gonna tell them that big ben is functioning properly

bicyclekick 10-14-2005 04:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

next time someone asks me what time it is i'm gonna tell them that big ben is functioning properly

[/ QUOTE ]

And that would be an applicable response if you were with in viewing distance of it.