Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Multi-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Play a Hand With the Masters #2 Flop (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=356090)

Lloyd 10-13-2005 01:45 AM

Re: Play a Hand With the Masters #2 Flop

[ QUOTE ]
no, AA and KK aren't likely because there are only two of each left in the deck.

Also, he probably woudl have raised.

[/ QUOTE ]
Heads up just calling isn't horrible, especially with AA.

Exitonly 10-13-2005 01:47 AM

didnt say it would be bad... just said i think mostlikely those hands raise.

grandgnu 10-13-2005 01:04 PM

Villian has us covered slightly, but our stack could certainly cause him some trouble if he lost an all-in to us.

We have flopped top two pair and we're in great shape. If villian holds A/Q we only have to worry about the four 10's in the deck. There are no flush draws present. If Villian is defending with A/10, we have to worry about four Queens.

I don't believe Villian is smooth-calling our raise out of position with K/K or A/A. Villian could have J/J and he's hoping we have an Ace and he plans to check-raise us.

In this spot, I don't think a bet gains us anything. If we're ahead, we're likely way ahead and our opponent is drawing to somewhere between 2-4 outs (provided he's got an Ace with a Queen or 10 and thus has straight possibilities). If he has a smaller pocket pair he's got outs to a set.

If opponent has a set already, we're behind, and a bet from us is going to be re-raised and then we'll likely get all our money in with the worst hand. I don't mind a check here, let him try to take a stab at us on the turn.

ZeeJustin 10-13-2005 03:18 PM

I bet 350 or 400. Villian has a wide range of hands, and giving a free card could really suck. If he raises, I'm pushing all-in.

junkmail3 10-13-2005 03:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

What range of hands do you put the villain on?

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't really nail too much down here. 55+, T9s+, QTs+, KTs+, AA, KK, QQ, JJ, AK, AQ, AJ, KQ ... QT? That's about it. Either really missed it or really hit it. If his AQ really hit it, then this slow play is not working too well.

[ QUOTE ]

Do you check or bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't see any sense in checking. Sure you could 'slowplay', but this hand is too vulnerable to check. Plus, you'll be likely to figure out what villian is doing, much quicker. And if you check, he'll likely lead most turns, in which case, you're screwed (as far as info goes).

[ QUOTE ]

If you bet, how much and why that amount?

[/ QUOTE ]

2/3 pot. For value+info.

[ QUOTE ]

What do you do if he raises you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends how much. Likely just call.

[ QUOTE ]

Based on whether you check or bet (and presuming if you bet he calls), what's your plan for the rest of the hand and why?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm probably getting my money in unless a Q or T comes. It's hard to lay down top 2 against an unknow with this board. The chances he has AA/KK/JJ/QT are somewhat low for me as I bet this hand right now. I'll reevaluate things when he reacts to my bet.

10-13-2005 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
no, AA and KK aren't likely because there are only two of each left in the deck.

Also, he probably woudl have raised.

[/ QUOTE ]
Heads up just calling isn't horrible, especially with AA.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. Although AA is unlikely, it would be a real nice spot to just call with AA. Hero has already given info. No need for AA to give Hero info.