Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Multi-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   *Official* WCCOP #2 (Sweat, Updates, Etc) (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=330162)

The Ocho 09-06-2005 01:36 AM

Re: *Official* WCCOP #2 (Sweat, Updates, Etc)

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah its because Im terrible. Im sure I was thoroughly outplayed many times today. First plo tourney, I guess I'll get better.

-Jason

[/ QUOTE ]

or go broke. one or the other. 6655. Jeez.

beset7 09-06-2005 01:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah its because Im terrible. Im sure I was thoroughly outplayed many times today. First plo tourney, I guess I'll get better.

-Jason

[/ QUOTE ]

I highly doubt it. I'm a regular PLO cash game player and the play during this tourney was absolute horrendous. Most of the people at your last table were complete donkeys.

09-06-2005 01:39 AM

Omaha is such a crapshoot, mainly because people are not nearly as good at it as they are at holdem.

Down to 10 now. My money is on PokerMillion/bugsen/Rabscuttle.

MR32 is painfully lucky.

chuddo 09-06-2005 01:40 AM

sorry for the poor finish. or congrats on going deep in your first plo tourney. whichever way you want to look at it.

as a side note, who is PokerMillion? i remember him from sweating stars tourneys a long time ago.

beset7 09-06-2005 01:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Omaha is such a crapshoot, mainly because people are not nearly as good at it as they are at holdem.

[/ QUOTE ]

umm. huh? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

09-06-2005 01:47 AM

Most people aren't as good at Omaha as they are at Texas Holdem. It's both much more complicated and not played as much.

Doesn't that make sense?

mlagoo 09-06-2005 01:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Most people aren't as good at Omaha as they are at Texas Holdem. It's both much more complicated and not played as much.

Doesn't that make sense?

[/ QUOTE ]

that part makes sense, but that doesn't mean it follows that omaha is more of a crapshoot

Jason Strasser 09-06-2005 01:50 AM

i had mr32 AI with JJ66 vs my AAxx river flush. Betcha he wins

shaniac 09-06-2005 01:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Doesn't that make sense?

[/ QUOTE ]

that part makes sense, but that doesn't mean it follows that omaha is more of a crapshoot

[/ QUOTE ]

There are fewer huge edges in Omaha than there are in holdem, though, right?

Then again, there are some players (like Robert Williamson) who seem to dominate the game consistently.

beset7 09-06-2005 01:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i had mr32 AI with JJ66 vs my AAxx river flush. Betcha he wins

[/ QUOTE ]

I played w/ him for a while and he was absolutely awful postflop. He defended against steals better then a lot of the weak tighties in this tourney but he was absolutely atrocious postflop.