Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Athletes nobody hates (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=313406)

battschr 08-12-2005 11:27 PM

Re: Athletes nobody hates

But seriously, I hate Dusty.

sublime 08-13-2005 12:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Dusty Baker?

[/ QUOTE ]
GODDAMN IT I HATE DUSTY BAKER AND YOU KNOW IT.

[/ QUOTE ]

Racist.

[/ QUOTE ]
Jackass.

[/ QUOTE ]

clitface

[/ QUOTE ]
clitface?

[/ QUOTE ]

i dunno, just wanted to hang out with the cool kids.

battschr 08-13-2005 12:16 AM

It worked...I almost spat out my drink.

Dan Rutter 08-13-2005 12:20 AM

I hate Elway, not just for beating the Packers in Super Bowl 32, but also for entering the league refusing to play for the team that drafted him. John Stockton, and Steve Nash are two athletes I do not think many people hate. I think Karl Malone could be included in atheltes no one hates. I do not like that he went to the Lakers to try and win a championship, but I do not hate him. Troy Vincent too. David Robinson also.

smb394 08-13-2005 01:11 AM

Wayne Chrebet
Mo Cheeks
John Smoltz

Chairman Wood 08-13-2005 04:53 AM

Without a doubt the one and only great player in any sport who no one hates: Arthur Ashe

A few notes:
Brett Favre - I absolutely hate the Packers ( I grew up in Michigan and have been a Lions fan my whole life) and I still cheer for this guy. I love watching him play. I love seeing him gun sling balls everywhere and leaving his heart out on the field every time he plays. I love to see him lose put I am a big fan of him. A great player.

Wayne Gretzky - Never really been cocky. Anyone who hates him is just jealous. I stated that no one hates Ashe. Besides him being a great person and a great player, he wasn't great enough that people were super jealous of him. 99 does have that factor.

Tiger- Same thing as Wayne. People that hate him are just jealous

MJ - Same as above although hatred for him is a little more understandable. Much more cocky. Also, the money making empire surrounding him can inspire more ill feelings.

Gwynn - I see nothing here for anyone to hate.

Ripken - The only thing to hate here is that he is look upon as this fantastic player when the only thing that set him apart from others was this game streak. He was good. Not spectacular. He possibly received a lot of credit for being a great player that he shouldn't have.

My fav - Steve Yzerman, what's not to love?

Barry Sanders - any haters here are just jealous

Shaq - I find him lovable but his outspoken nature does push some people away.

Montana, Jerry Rice, Elway, Tom Brady - People may be a little jealous of all the winning. But pretty solid picks for this category.

Pele - A great pick here but oddly enough, there are a few people within his native Brazil that don't like him much.
Everyone else in the world loves him.

I'll think more...

hoopsie44 08-13-2005 11:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Troy Vincent.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure the average sports fan would even know who he is.

ChipWrecked 08-13-2005 11:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Lance Armstrong

[/ QUOTE ]

Everybody in France hates him... if that counts.

Los Feliz Slim 08-13-2005 12:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone hate Jason Varitek? I don't see how you could.

he face smushed his rival teams best player?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but it had to be done, and I'd be a little surprised if most Yankee fans didn't agree in their heart of hearts.

tbach24 08-13-2005 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
albert pujols
shaq (dwayne wade too)

[/ QUOTE ]

Shaq and Pujols were the first two that came to my mind. Everyone seems to like Wade and Lebron as well. I don't know anyone who dislikes David Robinson.