Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   August Goals Post... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=304935)

baronzeus 08-28-2005 06:09 PM

Re: August Goals Post...

[ QUOTE ]
1). Stop spewing
2). Value bet more
3). Profit 8K
4). Get dealt pocket aces more
5). 30K hands
6). Learn to play goot.

[/ QUOTE ]

1). Done
2). Done
3). Done
4). Nope [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
5). 2K more [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
6). Working on it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

nervous 08-28-2005 09:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Change:

1) 2BB/100 2 tabling 3/6 6max for 10k hands.

2) Make $3k from all poker this month, however build up the skill for much more profit for later months.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. Well, I'm trying to move up to 5/10 at the moment, and for the month I have 6700 hands at 5/10 and 7900 at 3/6, so I'll just put both of them together and I'm running at 1.93bb/100 so far, but the month isn't over yet.

2. Done---

To September goals

Knoler 08-28-2005 10:25 PM

I originally posted this in SS, but I've been hanging around HUSH for the past month.

[ QUOTE ]

Move up; Make 3/6 6max my bitch.
Play 20K hands.
Read the Harrington books.

-Brian

ps - Play some 5/10 kill and / or 10/20 at Foxwoods.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, a good month, I think. I moved up, and have played 25K hands this month, winning around $2500 not including rakeback or bonuses. I don't know if that's what "making 3/6 6max my bitch" consists of, but it's at least a good start.

I've been reading the new Harrington book and thinking about the concepts. I don't really play many NL tournies, but it's on my list to do at some point. I've been listening to the WSOP netcast and Phil Gordon's WSOP podcasts at work, thinking about the M's and Q's of the players involved in the various hands while I code.

I haven't made it down to the reservation, but that's okay. I've got tentative plans to go next weekend on Saturday, but even if that doesn't happen, I'll be going to Vegas in late September for the first time.

More about that in the Sept. goals thread, I guess...

-Brian

PokerBob 08-28-2005 11:40 PM

35K hands....play well

Chobohoya 08-29-2005 01:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1) Find a balance between poker and Law school.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, my law school is about to be swept away, so that's not really happening.

[ QUOTE ]
2) Get better at poker.

[/ QUOTE ]
I hope this is happening?

[ QUOTE ]
3) Move back to 5-10.

[/ QUOTE ]
Happened, but I'm "taking a shot" with 400BB currently.

[ QUOTE ]
4) Win W$1000 on stars.

[/ QUOTE ]
This was more of a fun/don't burn out type of thing, and it worked out nicely.

krishanleong 08-29-2005 08:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1. Play a lot before going back to school. (50K+ for the month would be great)
<font color="green"> More like 45K but it's worrying because I had very little time once school started.</font>
2. Kick as many students as possible out of my classes in the first two weeks.<font color="green"> Mission accomplished. Only 1 student that will be a thorn in my side left. I don't think I can get rid of him though. </font>

3. Make sure playing 10/20 doesn't affect my emotional well being.<font color="green"> Doing reasonably well at this. Had my first single day 100 bet loss and took it in stride. Feeling pretty good. Coaching really helps in terms of confidence. </font>

4. Stay at 10/20 all month.<font color="green"> Went through a 450BB downswing this month. I moved down for sanity sake and continued to lose. I did however move up once I hit rock bottom and have recovered nicely so far. </font>

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

kahntrutahn 09-09-2005 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1) 50k+ hands of 5/10 6M
2) Improve my 1.13BB/100 from July
3) Handle 150BB swings with a better frame of mind
4) Make enough on top to pick up Dual FP2001

[/ QUOTE ]

1) Played 45k, more or less accompli
2) 1.875, I feel as if I am improving
3) Not so much [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
4) Changed my mind, got a 2405FPW instead... 24 inches of widescreen love... my eyes thank me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]