Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   WSOP Day 6: "Official" News, Results, and Discussion (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=292535)

UATrewqaz 07-14-2005 02:29 PM

Re: Have you met a MAN named Tiffany?

They can now add

"She plays exceptionally bad and annoying poker."

There are alot of intellectually bright people who play poor poker for whatever reason (lack of study, lack of practice, no desire to be good, etc.).

Nottom 07-14-2005 02:30 PM

Re: Vu

[ QUOTE ]
Do I really have the wrong guy? How Embarassing.... [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Tuan "Tommy" Vu

jedi 07-14-2005 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This overly political correct crap is so annoying. Why are people so brainwashed to try to find racism everywhere. Anytime a white male criticizes a non-white or non-male they are instantly a racist and/or sexist.

If all you people had your way the deck with have 53 cards, the race card being the new addition.

[/ QUOTE ]

Theres a difference between being politically correct/incorrect and being right/wrong. He made fun of Vu for the perceived stereotype that no Asians can pronounce the letter "L" correctly, not for any specifically personal problem that Vu had, nor any character issues. This was clearly a racist comment, not a non-politically-correct one. The possibility that it was sarcastic doesn't make it any better.

fnurt 07-14-2005 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What I really find hysterical about all of this is that we are on an internet chat board. No one on this board has ever seen a picture of me, nor have they ever met me. Yet, it is assumed I am white, because I must be racist. I wonder why. Sorry no intent to hijack the thread. Perhaps I will start one over in the politics forum.
X

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty hysterical, yeah. Did you catch that the only guy who assumed you were white was the guy defending you?

TheMainEvent 07-14-2005 02:36 PM

Re: 4 players from small Sweden.....

Your country is full of beautiful women and you spend all your time playing poker. Get some perspective.

Sponger15SB 07-14-2005 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is nice! We have 8 miljon people in small Sweden. And we have 4 players in the topp 27 in WSOP!

Sweden is great!!!!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Were you just at my $200nl 6-max table? Two Swedes were talking about it and I was unimpressed.

Didn't realize there were only 8 million of you.

TomHimself 07-14-2005 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What I really find hysterical about all of this is that we are on an internet chat board. No one on this board has ever seen a picture of me, nor have they ever met me. Yet, it is assumed I am white, because I must be racist. I wonder why. Sorry no intent to hijack the thread. Perhaps I will start one over in the politics forum.
X

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty hysterical, yeah. Did you catch that the only guy who assumed you were white was the guy defending you?

[/ QUOTE ]

benfranklin 07-14-2005 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Your country is full of beautiful women...

[/ QUOTE ]

Racist sexist stereotype [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] Call the PC Police.

Homer 07-14-2005 02:52 PM

Re: WSOP Day 6: \"Official\" News, Results, and Discussion

[ QUOTE ]
good god, if i wake up tomorrow and find 20+ pages on this thread, i will shoot myself!

[/ QUOTE ]

Flat mode + 100 posts per page = Not 20+ pages

touchfaith 07-14-2005 02:53 PM

This place cracks me up.

I get heat for calling H-DOG fugly while at the same time making a point to say that I didn't care if she (debatable) was black, white, purple or orange...

Yet, many of you idiots have severe, deep-rooted racial issues you have chosen to reveal to the world...

That's just sad.

The birth of H-DOG thread gets deleted and the racial crap stays?? That's just mind boggling.

I stick by my guns, H-DOG is butt-ugly...but many of you are uglier.

...much uglier...