Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Gigabet's HH and our SnG Strategy (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=248198)

AA suited 05-15-2005 11:52 AM

Re: Gigabet\'s HH and our SnG Strategy

[ QUOTE ]
Gigabet wrote:
Remember the post discussing the Q9 hand, I try and orchestrate the role of table leader, and the guy who leads out an risks his whole stack on every hand, the table lets this "leader" do this, because there is implied consent that this leader will double up anyone who manages to hit a flop against him. In return, he picks up all of the other small pots he enters without resistance, because the opposing players "know" that they will eventually trap this type of player.

[/ QUOTE ]

No offense, but that sounds LAGGY. but i guess that works at this level. That kind of table image will have people play back at you with marginal hands.

Or do you think this will work at 50+5 and above?

Gigabet 05-15-2005 01:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No offense, but that sounds LAGGY. but i guess that works at this level. That kind of table image will have people play back at you with marginal hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are kidding right? Of course it is laggy, if everyone in the tournament is playing tight, then of course you have to play loose, if everyone plays the same, then everyone would break even and the rake would win. These things should be known and understood before trying to read and understand what is going on this game.

Gigabet

Ryendal 05-15-2005 06:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A common tactic in tournament play is to wait for the the Aggreesive player to make a move on the Weak player, and then take the pot from both of them.

[/ QUOTE ] ... [ QUOTE ]
If I happen to run into one of those hands, or am wrong on my read, so be it.

[/ QUOTE ]

My question is how did you know that the player you played in the Q4c hand was weak ?

I don't see any particular hint in his previews play in this game. From where come your read ?

The only way I see is pokerprophecy with what you can guess it .

Did you use something else ?

Apathy 05-15-2005 06:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Did you use something else ?

[/ QUOTE ]

The fact that he min bet, and the fact that he would do this with many more then the top 3 hands are more then enough. Gigabet implies prior knowledge of this player by saying they were too weak to come back over the top all in with a less then premium hand.

Ryendal 05-15-2005 06:18 PM

May be but I'm still in doubt about that. I wish an answer from GIGABET [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

But I like your point of view here Apathy [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

adanthar 05-15-2005 09:10 PM

Gigabet said he knew he stepped his way up, so my guess is either table chat, or this guy hasn't been around at the 200's+ before. (Which brings up the point that in this particular SNG, if I were that guy I would have shut the hell up, but that's neither here nor there.)

And yeah, the minraise is a nice tell.

CallYNotRaise06 05-16-2005 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

were you just raising here because of position, or did you really put him on a weak hand? he did min raise which seemed like weakness, but what was your thought process here? (Qc4c)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I thought that this was going to be the last time that I would get a chance to play back at this guy without committing my whole stack to do it. To be honest, I didn't care how strong this guys hand was, I know that he had stepped up from a very low level, and would fold nearly every hand at this stage of the tourney. If he plays back at me, I can be almost 100% that he has AA or KK. Because I have the button, this is a very high percentage play. I was more worried about the two behind me who haven't acted than UTG.

[/ QUOTE ]

if he had just called your raise, would you continue to fire on the flop regaredless, or would you give it up unless you hit a nice flop?

Gigabet 05-17-2005 04:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if he had just called your raise, would you continue to fire on the flop regaredless, or would you give it up unless you hit a nice flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

If he calls the raise, then he acts first when the flop comes out. And I would imagine that his action would be to push all in, regardless of what hits the board. If he doesn't push, then I do, not caring if he is trapping me with a big hand.

theredpill5 05-17-2005 05:40 AM

Gigabet,

If you can afford a $15000 buy-in tourney, why are you even playing poker ? Do you just do it for fun ?

I'm guess that your bankroll is around $1 million ?

Gigabet 05-17-2005 05:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you can afford a $15000 buy-in tourney, why are you even playing poker ? Do you just do it for fun ?

I'm guess that your bankroll is around $1 million

[/ QUOTE ]

Why does Barry Greenstein play, why does Paul Phillips play, why do you play? Would you stop playing if you won the lottery tomorrow?