Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Asian guys and white girls (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=228964)

Matty 04-09-2005 04:45 PM

Re: Asian guys and white girls

[ QUOTE ]
it's funny that i mention indians? indians in the US are generally successful do you agree?

[/ QUOTE ]No, I do not agree. Also you don't see any prominent Indians in our culture so it is a completely invalid point.

Matty 04-09-2005 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
also, now you are talking about india itself, which i think operates under some caste system, no? how does that show that the same correlation exists in every culture? your arguments are becoming borderline stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]Yes, they have a caste system and generally you can only marry into a higher caste if you look like someone from a higher caste. Quit being an idiot.

InchoateHand 04-09-2005 04:47 PM

He's not calling you racist, he's saying that a whole variety of constrictive and constructive social values inform the highly malleable, historically bounded notion of attractiveness. Grey is guilty of over-simplifying a complex situation, but the germ of his comments is spot-on. You do not simply "decide," in a vacuum, what is or is not "hot."

daryn 04-09-2005 04:48 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
it's funny that i mention indians? indians in the US are generally successful do you agree?

[/ QUOTE ]No, I do not agree. Also you don't see any prominent Indians in our culture so it is a completely invalid point.

[/ QUOTE ]

you don't agree? oops wrong again grey. maybe you should go back to being wrong in the politics forum.

you don't see any prominent indians in our culture? where are the prominent asians in our culture? are you talking about jackie chan? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Dead 04-09-2005 04:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I mean, how many people find Jewish chicks attractive?

[/ QUOTE ]Jewish girls look just like white girls, who are deemed "most attractive" by Americans. I'm mostly semitic myself- but you could never tell by looking at me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not entirely true. Some people look ethnically Jewish. David Schwimmer and Walter Matthau for example. You can tell they're Jewish.

But people can't tell that I am Jewish from looking at me.

Matty 04-09-2005 04:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Grey is guilty of over-simplifying a complex situation, but the germ of his comments is spot-on.

[/ QUOTE ]I would have been more detailed from the beginning if I had had any idea people could be so damned stubborn.

Dead 04-09-2005 04:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He's not calling you racist, he's saying that a whole variety of constrictive and constructive social values inform the highly malleable, historically bounded notion of attractiveness. Grey is guilty of over-simplifying a complex situation, but the germ of his comments is spot-on. You do not simply "decide," in a vacuum, what is or is not "hot."

[/ QUOTE ]

I think your post was meant for Daryn but it makes good points.
I decide on individual cases, not by race.

But as I said above, it is not racist to prefer girls from some races over girls from other races.

Matty 04-09-2005 04:54 PM

No one is calling you a racist. We all do it. For me the paler the skin the better, and the smaller the better.

Also, daryn, Lucy Liu, Lisa Ling, hot Asian news reporters, you have seen none of this?

daryn 04-09-2005 04:55 PM

lisa ling i find unattractive. oh wait, she is successful and has a lot of money.

NEVERMIND I LUV HER "LOL"

also, a successful hot asian reporter is not hot because she is successful. she is successful because she is hot.

Dead 04-09-2005 04:57 PM

Tia Carrere is hot.

She's Asian right? Hawaiians are Asian I think.