Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   discuss (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=220288)

fyodor 03-26-2005 03:41 PM

Re: discuss

mike; this might save you some trouble. I am a mediocre player at best. I have 182,088 hands of 5/10 6 max with an hourly winrate of 2.9 BB (avregaing 2.75 tables at a time) and a standard deviation of 15.6777 BB per hour.

I threw all these numbers into a spreadsheet and assumed 150 hours per month. Results below.

http://img197.exs.cx/img197/5751/winrate3zy.jpg

astroglide 03-26-2005 03:47 PM

i think anybody who, like me, ran into a 300bb downswing or a huge breakeven streak or whatever would tell you with a straight face that they were playing great. it's much easier to screw up online.

Brainwalter 03-26-2005 04:10 PM

Re: CONCLUSION

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
it wouldn't shock me at all to find out that you are a substantially better live player than online. Enough so that it overcomes tokes/travel/# of tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

His opponents could be playing with their hands face up live and I doubt that would be the case.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not if he's playing 5-10 online and 200-400 or whatever the f mike l plays live

Clarkmeister 03-26-2005 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
it wouldn't shock me at all to find out that you are a substantially better live player than online. Enough so that it overcomes tokes/travel/# of tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

His opponents could be playing with their hands face up live and I doubt that would be the case.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not very hard at all to make a lot more live when one is playing 100-200 at Commerce instead of 3-4 $5-$10 6-max tables.

BradL 03-26-2005 04:12 PM

Re: Mike, what\'s wrong?

Did he do it? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

tolbiny 03-26-2005 04:23 PM

No.

There are plenty of people i know that i wouldn't stake 5$ in a live game- they are action junkies. Smart as hell, good conceptually, but they can't take the grind of live. Several of them *could* most likely be taught to beat online games as having 7 tables of shorthanded 5-10 open would satisfy their need for almost perpetual action. Just an extreme example, but there are lots of subtle figgerences that could make a person more comfortable/happier playing online, which will result in better play 9 times out of ten.

James282 03-26-2005 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not very hard at all to make a lot more live when one is playing 100-200 at Commerce instead of 3-4 $5-$10 6-max tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are definitely right about this. An expectation of 100$ an hour would be very high in the 5-10 sixmax. I can't imagine that the Commerce 1-2 game isn't beatable for more than this.
-James

Michael Davis 03-26-2005 04:30 PM

"It's not very hard at all to make a lot more live when one is playing 100-200 at Commerce instead of 3-4 $5-$10 6-max tables."

It's way closer than you think.

-Michael

tolbiny 03-26-2005 04:31 PM

Your problem mike is that you aren't the same player who played the 8-16 14 months ago, or the 10-20 or the 20-40 or the 100-200 or what ever the hell it was that you have been playing this past year +. You are a bizzare conglomerate of all of these players, and your varience needs to be based off the times when yor EV was 3 bb/100 and the times when it was -3 bb/100. People who think they are a 1 bb/100 player are most likely a 2.5 bb/100 player when on the top of their game. But when they are tilting/talking on the phone/ drunk/ tired orjust uninterested it is way lower. SO in some strange way they hold the SD's for like 9 different players within them. I am guessing you have at least that many from your posts. I have three that i have identified with probably an extra subset for each of them. I have 6 different varience problems to overcome.

How many do you have?

bicyclekick 03-26-2005 04:40 PM

Mike,

Often your posts are so spot on and very intering, but this whole thread is utterly ridiculous. Obviously live takes a very long time to get to the long run, but that doesn't mean that nothing matters, or that you need to know your specific winrate down to the .001. Who gives a [censored]. I've played enough that I know within far more than 1bb/100 and even if I was a full bb/100 under my winrate, I'd still be making a killing from these games. That's all I need to know, and all anyone should really care about.