Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Theory (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Biggest Pot Won At A Level (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=119539)

MrFeelNothin 12-20-2004 08:41 PM

Re: Biggest Pot Won At A Level

That makes no sense, hes not betting so that I fold, noone is going to fold to a raise after betting the river in a 40 BB pot, not i in 1000 times not 1 in 40 times. He was raising because he still thought his two pair were good even after all the capping. It was a value raise not a bluff raise.

Can anyone beat 40.8 BBs on a 6max table?

schroedy 12-20-2004 08:45 PM

I was on PokerStars in a 5-10 game, with a huge pot like that, and I had only a single pair (flush draw didn't hit). I felt I could not lay it down and so I raised. My opponent folded and I was stacking chips for the next three hands. I am pretty sure that 4th pair was not the best hand on the end.

Maybe your guy was value betting. I am just saying that if he feels obliged to call he should probably raise. The possible one card straight protects him against a re-raise.

MrFeelNothin 12-20-2004 09:01 PM

Ok, well I don't know the details of your example but this player in this hand was most definitely raising for value/thought his hand was good. I considered 3betting but chickened out. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

AAeyes 12-20-2004 10:49 PM

52BB 10-20 HE... finally picked up wired aces in a game featuring two drunks that did their best to cap every pot preflop and a bunch of pissed of players that wanted to mix it up with them. Took the flop 9 handed for a cap and wasn't comfortable till I found an Ace on the turn. It was a good night.

Al Mirpuri 12-21-2004 11:47 AM

Something similar happened to me but at 5c/10c or 10c/20c. Four bets apiece by nine players preflop. And then two apiece on turn and river. However, I was leading and was checkraised on river. I had a six high straight with 66 in my hand and the check/raise on the river threw me and I feared 76 but he had hit the bottom end for A2345 with an initial holding of A8 and my failure to raise cost me chips and setting a new record at that level.

cpk 12-22-2004 01:42 AM

I won a pot that had to be in excess of 60 BB at 12/24 (I stopped counting at 40). Because it was played with $2 chips, it was literally too big to count, and the game was too fast to stack chips neatly. I do remember cashing out more than a $2200 winner in that session, and it was mostly from that one pot.

Basically, I flopped a set of tens with a board of KQT with two spades on the board. The turn brought an off J and the river brought the Ts. Two people made spade flushes, one person flopped the nuts with AJ, one had AA, and I was up against KK and JJ as well. I had no business in the hand past the turn as I should've known a bigger set was there, but I had been playing the game about 5 weeks.

I try to remember this hand every time I think I am running bad.

djoyce003 12-22-2004 02:08 PM

biggest pot for me, 5/10 6 max 25 BB pot.

Board of A 9 9 8 8

My four 8's beat aces full and 9's full. Amazingly the flop was checked through on a slowplay by the guy with nines and aces. Turn and river were of course capped.

Chizoad 12-22-2004 11:28 PM

44BB pot playing 3-6 after flopping JT9 to my KQ. Also won a 36 BB pot at that level too.

Chiz

iNsChris 12-22-2004 11:41 PM

0.05/10 cent game i won $2.50 in one hand.

They all forgth in out for the straight, I kept as quite as poss and went with the reraises. I felt like a right bugger when i won it.. I can just imagine their hearts sinking.

so thats 25BB? dam sucks when compared to some i've seen here lol.

OrangeKing 12-29-2004 11:10 AM

This late entry is a paltry 33.25 BB, but I think I should get bonus points for it also being my first hand ever at the 1/2 level:

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. UTG+1 posts a blind of $1. Hero posts a blind of $1. CO posts a blind of $1.
UTG calls, UTG+1 (poster) checks, UTG+2 calls, MP2 folds, Hero (poster) checks, CO (poster) checks, Button calls, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, Hero calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: (14.50 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(8 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, Hero calls, Button calls.

Turn: (16.25 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

River: (26.25 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button folds, BB folds, UTG+1 calls.

Final Pot: 33.25 BB