Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   This is tough to write (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=284966)

ResidentParanoid 07-06-2005 03:31 PM

Re: This is tough to write

You have my deepest sympathy. It is impossible to deal with a loss of someone so close, but somehow we must. I hope that you find strength for yourself and for your family.

malo 07-06-2005 04:13 PM

So, so sorry to read this. Don't forget, it's OK to take time to grieve....in fact it's essential. It's the people who don't, who just try to bury it who eventually have the most difficulties.

Keep working with the counselors. And while this sounds so trite.....time heals. It's true. You will always have a scar but the gaping wound will close.

Your son would be the first to want you to carry on.....

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

SossMan 07-06-2005 04:50 PM

Slavic,

You have my deepest condolances and are in my thoughts. Stay strong.

-Andrew

Bill Bixby 07-06-2005 04:58 PM

very sorry to hear this...

I am very troubled by hearing this. I want you to know I will be praying for you and your family. I know time will heal some wounds but not all. If you need to talk or if you would like me to point out some verses in the bible that I think would help you, please feel free to PM me. Again, I am deeply sorry to hear this. May God be with you.

Toro 07-06-2005 08:46 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss. I had tears in my eyes as I read it. Stay close to your wife and support each other.

ThaSaltCracka 07-06-2005 10:45 PM

Slavic, I am saddened by your loss. I will pray for you and your family. May your son rest in peace.

regisd 07-07-2005 09:08 AM

I'm so very sorry for your loss.

PokerBabe(aka) 07-07-2005 09:23 AM

Hi Slavic,

I am so sorry for your loss. The loss of a child is the worst type of loss I can imagine. I don't have any words of wisdom except to say that somehow you will survive. I wish you all the best and encourage you to reach out for support to whatever resources you have, including your poker pals. As for poker itself, it's not important at all.

Take care,

Babe

jedi 07-07-2005 01:43 PM

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

No words from me or any of us can console you right now. Just know that we're mourning with you.

JrJordan 07-07-2005 02:43 PM

I have no comprehension of what a loss of this magnitude can do to a person, and I don't intend to pretend I do. All I know is that I am so sorry for your loss. Take comfort with your family and the thought that your son is at peace.

On a side note, if you do decide to open up a memorial fund in your son's honor I would be more than happy to contribute. Perhaps 2+2 could rally together for a "Memorial Day" where anyone willing could donate half their profits to such a fund. I know you have many other things on your mind at the moment, but if you ever feel like you're searching for a way to honor your son, this is one possible option and I'm sure the support here would be tremendous.