Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   How smart are you? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=367864)

afreeman 11-05-2005 03:25 PM

Re: How smart are you?

[ QUOTE ]
Back when I was going to grade school thru jr. high, the teachers couldn't figure me out. On the one hand, I scored 150 on the S-B IQ test, and was 2 grades ahead in math & science. On the other hand, I couldn't get better than a D in social studies topics, and was not very succesful socially. They flipped me back & forth between advanced and remedial courses accross the board, until they finally decided I was retarded and put me in a learning-disabled class for half a year.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is probably the best intelligence test there is. I can't think of a single intelligent person that I know who hasn't had at least one similar experience with the powers-that-be.

Institutions just don't deal well with anyone outside the mean.

11-05-2005 03:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm a moron if it makes you feel better. I actually had to retake the SAT because the first time I took it I was coming down off some Acid I had chewed on the previous night.

[/ QUOTE ]

YES!

The worst Ihave done is taken an art history midterm with a HORRIBLE hang over.

11-05-2005 03:37 PM

SATs I got a 1200.

I dont know how much I believe in these types of tests. I have a friend who has just an amazing physics-abstract type of mind....just crazy smart, and got a 1100 on his SATs.

As far as I go, I thought I would be able to get atleast a 1400. I was in all of the top math classes, physics classes, etc. I had the highest grade in my AP physics and calc classes by like 5% (teacher was hard as nails). There a number of people in the classes that had gotten 1500 or better, one with a 1600, and were all accepted to UCLA, stanford, CIT. They didnt understand how I did so well, and I didnt get how they did so well.

Khern 11-05-2005 03:37 PM

Childhood IQ is measured in relation to age rather than as a deviation from the population mean. As a result, the scores are much higher.

I believe a 169 childhood IQ should be approximatly equivilant to a 146 adult IQ.

John

bruin 11-05-2005 04:19 PM

1540 SAT= 780 math 760 verbal

Wayfare 11-05-2005 04:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This isin't a contest, I am just curious to see the what kind of intelligence winning SSNL (orMHNL if you read this) players have, please post a score if you read this.

Any standardized test is fine.

ACT=29 (Math=32)

PS I am aware tests do not exactly equal intelligence but its the best option I can think of

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are citing the ACT as a measure of intelligence, you should move to a real state and take the SAT. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Oh btw, go blue law baby.