Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Mid stakes HU matches official sign up (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=401496)

ahnuld 12-23-2005 04:52 PM

Re: Money transfer

Ok, so it looks like we will surely get 32 people in, but not 48. SO I guess scrap the entire higher buyin idea becuase people dont seem to want it and im not sure well even need it anyways. A few people have already pulled out, and the rest have a few more days to get the money to AZK before they lose their place. If you are an alternate and you got into the tourney, you should get a PM from me this afternoon. Otherwise, keep waiting for a few days as Im sure people will bow out. - Ahnuld

jrforman 12-23-2005 05:14 PM

What's the prize for naming your middle name AZK, I have a strange feeling I may win this bet...

thatpfunk 12-23-2005 09:33 PM

are azk, flynn, etc playing or no? and what will be the timeframe for the 1st round?

ahnuld 12-23-2005 11:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
are azk, flynn, etc playing or no? and what will be the timeframe for the 1st round?

[/ QUOTE ]

AZK is in, the rest are up top on the waiting list. It would be a pretty dick move to not let AZK in given how much time and effort hes putting into organising the money collection. Also, I think its a nice mix to get a few high stakes players in the tourney.

thatpfunk 12-23-2005 11:30 PM

Ok, I've stated my opinion (I think it is pointless to have a highstakes player as champion of the midstakes tournament, don't see much of a point), but good luck to all particpants.

ahnuld 12-23-2005 11:36 PM

cool, ill take you off alternate list.

aggie 12-24-2005 12:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, I've stated my opinion (I think it is pointless to have a highstakes player as champion of the midstakes tournament, don't see much of a point), but good luck to all particpants.

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW this seems a little rediculous to me. I've posted in the high stakes forum before...Does that mean i shouldn't be allowed to play? Should we have strict guidelines? We started the tourney in this forum and that's going to be the bulk of the participants. But i don't see a problem trying to accomodate all who want to play. If your concerned about EV, i'm sure there are other places for all of us to play that will yield a higher return than will playing against eachother

thatpfunk 12-24-2005 03:22 AM

Aggie,
I don't think my opinion is ridiculous at all. For instance, I would have no problem with AZK playing because he is putting in a lot of work. However, I think it is ridiculous that others who played in the HNL tourney would now play in the mid. I am definetly not looking at it from an EV standpoint either; there are way more +ev games I could be playing instead of time spent on the tournament.

IMO, the point of such a tournament is to play with your peers and the winner (top 3, 4, 5 finishers, whatever) have some bragging rights that they came out on top. But what happens if/when ML4L or Flynn wins? That's going to be expected, the 1st place purse isn't even as big as some of their buy-ins.

Anywho, I don't think that is ridiculous reasoning at all and that is why I politely excused myself and wished everyone luck.

aggie 12-24-2005 04:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Aggie,
I don't think my opinion is ridiculous at all. For instance, I would have no problem with AZK playing because he is putting in a lot of work. However, I think it is ridiculous that others who played in the HNL tourney would now play in the mid. I am definetly not looking at it from an EV standpoint either; there are way more +ev games I could be playing instead of time spent on the tournament.

IMO, the point of such a tournament is to play with your peers and the winner (top 3, 4, 5 finishers, whatever) have some bragging rights that they came out on top. But what happens if/when ML4L or Flynn wins? That's going to be expected, the 1st place purse isn't even as big as some of their buy-ins.

Anywho, I don't think that is ridiculous reasoning at all and that is why I politely excused myself and wished everyone luck.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, i respect that. Sorry if i came off as an ass. Not my intention. I guess i'm just interested in getting the thing started in any way possible. I think we'll need at least a few of the HSNL guys to fill in the 32.

Salerosa 12-24-2005 11:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Aggie,

[/ QUOTE ]

I seriously don't know what you people are talking about. This is not heads up basketball and you are not going against Shaq or Lebron. Play 100 heads-up matches against AZK or Flynn- expect to lose money. If you seriously think that you have no chance against one of these opponents when including the variance that comes along with volatile heads-up no limit, perhaps you should look into playing a 50 dollar tournament with only small stakes players.

Also, I myself look FORWARD to playing them. Personally I don't believe they are head and shoulds above me in ability; just more experienced (esp in heads up play). I relish the opportunity to play against them for money that I could care less about losing, but is also enough to make it worth playing. Where else will I get such a great opportunity? 25/50 is not the place to learn the ropes of heads up play against excellent players...