Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   What nationality are you, and what is good/bad about it? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=361515)

Aytumious 10-20-2005 11:21 PM

Re: What nationality are you, and what is good/bad about it?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How many people have actually answered with their nationality?

Hint: Check your passport, right under your name.

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

Most people are retarded.

Chalk me up for another of the obvious answer.... American.

I love the people who claim their nationality is 50% Irish / 25% Dutch / 12.5% French / 12.5% Italian. That's got to be one effed up passport. Again, people are retards.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some people are answering with their ethnic heritage, others their nationality. Since the overwhelming majority here are Americans, it's understandable that the topic would shift toward a discussion of ethnic background, even though the topic is technically about nationality.

Even a retard should be able to realize that.

DrNo888 10-20-2005 11:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Korean-American

East Coast-
Good: Smart, hard-working, frugal, goes to med school / law school, stable, frank
Bad: Goes to med school / law school (too risk-averse), cheap, Christian, blunt / rude

West Coast-
Good: Hotties (by Asians, considered best looking women of different Asian flavors), smart, great food
Bad: Flashy / Superficial, flaky, only hang out with other Koreans, FOBby, Christian, stupidly modified cars

[/ QUOTE ]

FOBby?
WTF?!!

Koreans didnt come over on boats like Vietnamese.

ddubois 10-21-2005 12:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bad: our polical system

[/ QUOTE ]
Does anyone have a "good" political system?

(Er, wait.... Is 'polical' is a typo for political, or for policial?)

tonypaladino 10-21-2005 12:50 AM

An individual American's culture is more defined by locality and ethnicity than nationality, so i will answer for all 3.

Amercian:
Good: Strong states' rights allow for different government systems and laws to exist in one country.
Bad: Strong states' rights allow for different government systems and lays to exist in one country.

New Yorker:
Good: Wide variety of cultures, liberal laws (except gambing and drug laws), Better food quality and variety than almost anywhere else in the country.
Bad: Wide variety of cultures, arcane drug and gambling laws, bad air quality, poor governemnt run sanitation and road mantaniance compared to rest of US and the world.

Of Italian Decent:
Good: Best food, best lovers, "mobster" image, close family units.
Bad: the best ingredients in our cusine, olive oil and wine, are trumped by spain and france, respectivily.

diebitter 10-21-2005 12:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Of Italian Decent:
Bad: the best things about our cusine, olive oil and wine, are trumped by spain and france, respectivily.

[/ QUOTE ]
No way. Italian cuisine bows to no other.

10-21-2005 01:05 AM

die, do you ever go to bed? It's 6 a.m. over there, right?

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

diebitter 10-21-2005 01:08 AM

Of course (when I'm not pacing restlessly)!

I sometimes get bouts of insomnia, though, and amuse myself with the game that cannot be spoken and posting OOTiocy, and then I'm sure I come across as the Eye that Never Sleeps. But I'm sleeping fine at the mo.

FYI, I just got up, going for a run. And yep, 6am here.

ChipWrecked 10-21-2005 01:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Most would not enjoy our climate.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like San Antonio, but I always wonder how a city with such extreme heat and humidity can also sport such a large number of gross fatties. They must simmer in their own gravy 9 months a year.

tonypaladino 10-21-2005 01:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Of Italian Decent:
Bad: the best things about our cusine, olive oil and wine, are trumped by spain and france, respectivily.

[/ QUOTE ]
No way. Italian cuisine bows to no other.

[/ QUOTE ]

To cliarify, I meant the best ingredients in our cusines. I edited the post. Spanish olive oil is far better than italian oil, and french wine is better than itialian

imported_anacardo 10-21-2005 01:25 AM

Air conditioned Expeditions, m'man. Add that to a gallon-sized thermos fulla soda, kept that way 'round the clock, and you've got yourself some serious poundage.