Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Paul Phillips, $2-5 Mirage (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=222962)

Vince Lepore 04-07-2005 12:19 AM

Re: Paul Phillips: class act

[ QUOTE ]
He produced a little "I gave Paul Phillips a bad beat" poker chip

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I can see why you disregard any comments here that point to his arrogance. Makes sense to me.

[ QUOTE ]
Paul seems to take his poker results in a very easy-going and light-hearted manner. I got the impression that he enjoys the battle, the theory of the game, not so much the results.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thus, the personalized Poker Chip! Do you have a poker chip with your name on it? Do you have a website that touts your "Poker" accomplishements? Please.

Vince

elindauer 04-07-2005 01:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I can see why you disregard any comments here that point to his arrogance. Makes sense to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't disregard anything. I merely said that I have met him and spent a few hours talking to him, and he seems like a very decent guy, not the [censored] you're making him out to be. If he says he didn't mean anything by it, that it was just a joke, then I believe him. What qualifies you to make a character assessment Vince? A post from someone else recounting a single comment? Nice.

[ QUOTE ]
Do you have a poker chip with your name on it? Do you have a website that touts your "Poker" accomplishements? Please.

Vince

[/ QUOTE ]

www.ericlindauer.com/poker.html. I don't have poker chips with my name on them, but my friend has a set with his. I guess that just proves that everyone but you is an arrogant jackass. Nice talking to you Vince.

-Eric

Vince Lepore 04-07-2005 03:11 AM

Read the thread. I have an internet history with Mr. Phillips. If you do not detect his superiority feelings through the comments he makes to a few posters in this thread then you are just not listening or possibly living in a PP dream world.

Vince

Vince Lepore 04-07-2005 03:32 AM

From your website: "Eric Lindauer. Plays limit hold 'em for a living in party poker's 15/30 game. Since turning pro, I've made 2.84 big bets / 100 hands, which is $60 / hr / table."

So you make $120 an hour playing 15-30 at Partypoker. That comes out to $4800 a week at 40 hours on just two tables at a time. You made almost $250k last year just from poker.

Again from your wesite: "My standard package is $150 to review 200 hands and write up a critique of your play "

Certainly reviewing 200 hands and providing a critque will take much longer than an hour. In fact I'm sure that this effort would take considerably more than one hour. You seem to be selling yourself short. Or maybe you are a fraud, which is more in line with what I believe. Please provide a 2000 hr continuum from party activity account showing a $220k win. Then maybe I'll believe you.

Vince

elindauer 04-07-2005 04:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So you make $120 an hour playing 15-30 at Partypoker. That comes out to $4800 a week at 40 hours on just two tables at a time. You made almost $250k last year just from poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

So many bad assumptions. You assume I was multitabling. You assume I play 40 hours a week. You assume I care whether or not you believe me.

You don't know me and you've already accused me of being a fraud. You and Paul don't get along? It must be Paul.

[ QUOTE ]
Certainly reviewing 200 hands and providing a critque will take much longer than an hour... You seem to be selling yourself short.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dead on. Part of my compensation is the enjoyment of teaching. It's the same reason I post here for free. Of course, I also post here because it's fun to point out the failed logic of people who enjoy tearing others down.

Which reminds me: it's been a pleasure talking to you Vince.

Eric

Mason Malmuth 04-07-2005 04:33 AM

Re: Paul Phillips, $2-5 Mirage

Hi anduril:

I haven't read all of this thread but here's the way I understand it. Paul Phillips sat in a small game (for him) and while having a little fun shot off some money. Not much for him but enough to make the other players in the game happy. Then, as part of the Paul Phillips experience, he got a little impolite and some of you are thinking that he should have acted with a little more class.

Now here's the way I see it. First off, going to a cardroom is not the same as going to church. (Right Paul?) The only cardroom that I know of that tried to equate the two was the Las Vegas Hilton and they closed their doors a long time ago.

Second, after Paul has fired off some money, he has earned what some of us refer to as "Sucker Privileges." That is if his behavior is not exemplatory, we should forgive him. And to prove my point, if Paul ever gets in my game and makes a fool of himself, as long as he's a big loser, I won't say a thing. On the other hand, if he does this and wins, especially if he takes my money, that's very different.

Best wishes,
Mason

Ulysses 04-07-2005 05:12 AM

FWIW, Mason, later posts explain how after a little early LAG action, Paul was a big winner in the game, stacking people left and right.

As for the general issue, if Paul said his comment was in good fun, whatever, that's good enough for me.

Ulysses 04-07-2005 05:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So you make $120 an hour playing 15-30 at Partypoker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Vince, FWIW, I'd be surprised if someone as good as Eric only made $120/hr playing 15/30 online. Maybe he doesn't like multi-tabling. I know of multiple people who are not as good as him who have much higher winrates than that over hundreds of thousands of hands of poker. FWIW, over 250k+ hands, I made over $200/hr playing 4 tables of $10/20 online.

partygirluk 04-07-2005 06:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Seriously. There are so few original ideas on how to play nl hold'em around here...and a good number that have shown up have come from Paul.

And now he's gone.

Great.

Will

[/ QUOTE ]

How many poker strategy posts has he made on twoplustwo?

Vince Lepore 04-07-2005 06:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So many bad assumptions. You assume I was multitabling.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't assumre anything. Show me the money! You are a fraud!

From your website: "I generally play at least two tables at once"

Anyone that believes this guy is a pro withoout asking for some form of proof is a .... dope!
Vince