Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   New No Tolerance Policy at Commerce (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=184667)

youtalkfunny 02-01-2005 07:18 PM

Re: Automatic Shufflers and Dealer Abuse

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But our house rule is they do NOT get scrambled.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stupid rule.

It's really no big deal and doesn't take much longer to scramble. Yes, it is pointless in regards to the machine and why you have it, however, if it placates some of your paranoid 'clients' you're dealing with, it's not too much to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you know how much the house pays every day to lease those machines? (Yes, lease--maintaining them is a full-time job, and the thought of hiring a tech removes the incentive of buying them.)

Scrambling every hand would waste enough time to negate much of the extra drop generated by the presence of the machine.

///

Speaking of dealer abuse, I was in a game this week where three different people raised their voice in anger at me at different times, and I hadn't done anything wrong. AND I WASN'T EVEN DEALING! I was propping a game (a game that probably would not have even started, if I hadn't agreed to help get it going), and I got barked at three times, by players who didn't like that I play aggressively, I guess. I never check-raised anyone (house players are prohibited from doing this--a ridiculous rule, IMO)--all I did was raise when I made 2-pair or better.

I can't ever remember another player taking such heat for doing nothing more than raising when he had a hand. The only difference was, I was wearing a dealer's shirt under my light windbreaker. So it was open season on me, I guess.

When the game got close to full, I racked up and left. Who needs that headache? I almost never prop any more, mostly because I can't checkraise (which is like playing with one hand behind your back), but partly because I take more heat for propping than I do for dealing.

I went home, and was shocked that I was able to find a game just as juicy on the internet [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img], where all that negative energy is filtered away.

Bulbarainey 02-02-2005 03:22 AM

Re: New No Tolerance Policy at Commerce

i was there last night and didnt see the 20 minute sign, i think the commerce management does a good job overall, people get to seats quick, the games go and go..

Chipr777 02-02-2005 12:34 PM

Re: New No Tolerance Policy at Commerce

Have you ever been hit in the hand with a card so hard your fingers bleed? No dealer should ever have to take that kind of abuse, EVER. Verbal is one thing but believe it or not those cards are sharp and can and will cut when thrown with enough force. Ever seen Jesus slice through a carot or banana with a card? Imagine that on your hand. How about you sit in the box a deal a while while people throw sh*it at you. Then come back here and talk. Idiot.