Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Should BK hire Tommy Angelo? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=338376)

BoxTree 10-24-2005 05:38 PM

Re: Should BK hire Tommy Angelo?

[ QUOTE ]
clearly meant excludes el d.

Barrom

[/ QUOTE ]

I prefer this spelling of your name. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Ulysses 10-24-2005 05:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the price of tommy's services for you are likely to be 5k*(1-.4) or 3k. cost includes lost $ from playing etc. + price.

may be worth it if you want to play live more.

Barron

[/ QUOTE ]
Do you have the ability to post anymore without including some sort of equation and/or function? It seems like you can't even say "fold" anymore... it has to be: "EV(playing hand | action thus far) < 0.0"

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, I wish people would stop providing reasoning to back up their opinions. the best posts clearly include one word

[/ QUOTE ]

The worst posts clearly include "equations" that are not only silly and unnecessary, but also wrong.

Ulysses 10-24-2005 05:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the price of tommy's services for you are likely to be 5k*(1-.4) or 3k. cost includes lost $ from playing etc. + price.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, you're saying bike would usually lose 2k playing poker during the time he would spend taking lessons from Tommy? Wow, perhaps he's best off just quitting this poker thing and watching some TV or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

Barrom

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you should just stick to simple English to make your points instead of trying to impress people (or whatever your reason is) with your facility for equations.

lapoker17 10-24-2005 05:49 PM

You would also know that a lot of them ride bikes.

bobdibble 10-24-2005 06:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe you should just stick to simple English to make your points instead of trying to impress people (or whatever your reason is) with your facility for haiku.

[/ QUOTE ]

sthief09 10-24-2005 06:41 PM

no I'm pretty sure diablo's haikus were better than anyone else's english

bicyclekick 10-24-2005 06:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
no I'm pretty sure diablo's haikus were better than anyone else's english

[/ QUOTE ]

big deal. haiku is dumb...not that the equations aren't.

Ulysses 10-24-2005 08:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
haiku is dumb

[/ QUOTE ]

FU. Haiku rules.
I am not kidding, BK.
Haiku is the best.

Benjamin 10-24-2005 08:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So, you're saying bike would usually lose 2k playing poker during the time he would spend taking lessons from Tommy? Wow, perhaps he's best off just quitting this poker thing and watching some TV or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

Barrom

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm ... using 'excludes' doesn't fix the problem. Your 'equation' is terribly flawed no matter how you describe it. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

B.

SA125 10-24-2005 09:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So who is Chip Reese, Phil Ivey, Barry Greenstein's coaches??? Poker is different this is all mental. I'm sorry but poker isn't any different than business.. I tend to listen to people making more $$ than me and tend not to listen to people making a lot less than me. There is a reason why people are in the spots they are in life.

You don't pull up in a limo to get financial advice from someone who just drove up on his bicycle.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wonder how old you are because your view seems narrow minded and simplistic.

Look at Stu Ungar. The guy won 10 out of the 30 big NL tourneys he entered. He was by all accounts one of the greatest, if not the greatest, NL tourney player ever.

Don't you think someone like him, with less extreme self destructive tendencies, could benefit from having a wise, experienced poker pro to lean on for advice? Even if that guy was less skilled and didn't play as high?

BK's problems obviously don't seem to be like Ungar's, but the point is the same. You're judging one's wisdom and ability strictly by the limits one plays. That shows a lack of maturity and understanding about the big picture of poker, life and the best way it all may fit for you.