PDA

View Full Version : QQ Heads Up

Wisch2
02-05-2004, 04:41 PM
Long time reader, first time poster. I was playing a Party 5$SNG last night. Final two, just got heads up. I have 4200; opponent 3800. I am dealt QQ...he leads off. I don't remember the opening bet, but i believe it was 500 or so. I raised over and was re-raised back. I push all-in (my stack if I walked was around 2700). He had been playing typical but aggressive since it was three way.

BTW: This site has been a great boon to my game, although my work life has suffered by it.

eastbay
02-05-2004, 04:52 PM
Is there a question in there somewhere?

eastbay

Wisch2
02-05-2004, 06:20 PM
Just curious as to whether I shoudl have smelled something there. Guy ended up with AA and I came in 2d. I suppose it is an easy question, but should I have gone All-In with the QQ?

New to the boards..will make my next posts clearer and more interesting.

Prickly Pete
02-05-2004, 06:26 PM
Heads up, QQ is a monster. You'll generally be thrilled to get allin with that. Just be unhappy that he had AA.

BradleyT
02-05-2004, 06:54 PM
Assuming that I am your opponent, there are a variety of hands that I will act similarly in his shoes.

AA,KK,QQ,JJ,TT,99,88
AKs,AKo,AQs,AQo,AJs

Hell even Ace-Any against many opponents. Now ask yourself how many of those hands beat QQ?

I count 2.

Prickly Pete
02-05-2004, 07:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
AA,KK,QQ,JJ,TT,99,88
AKs,AKo,AQs,AQo,AJs

Hell even Ace-Any against many opponents. Now ask yourself how many of those hands beat QQ?

[/ QUOTE ]

At a $5 Party SNG, I'm pretty sure this list could be a lot larger for most of the players there.

NotMitch
02-05-2004, 07:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
AA,KK,QQ,JJ,TT,99,88
AKs,AKo,AQs,AQo,AJs

[/ QUOTE ]

At a $5 Party SNG, I'm pretty sure this list could be a lot larger for most of the players there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Add in any pair, two face cards, Face X suited and sometimes Kx. I will push QQ heads up here every time and win a lot more than I lose.