View Full Version : laptop display: not resolution related

11-07-2005, 08:20 PM
My friend is buying a new laptop. She insists on getting one of those smooth, shiny screens. You guys know what I'm talking about? It's hard coated, and I suppose it provides clearer picture, I'm not really sure. I don't even know what the difference is. And I don't know what it is called.

11-07-2005, 09:31 PM
different vendors call it different things, dell's latest implementation is called 'truelife' for example. they should all make some sort of reference to gloss.