PDA

View Full Version : Caribbean Sun miscount

pzhon
10-19-2005, 06:43 AM
I had an interesting experience at Caribean Sun this month. Their bonus is supposed to be like a 4/9 size version of InterPoker's bonus ($40 for 200 hands raked $1; hands raked $0.25 count 1/4) except that you have to clear it during the month and there isn't a convenient counter. However, you can use a live chat function on their web page to ask support how many raked hands you have played.

I played a couple of quick sessions and then checked with support. They said I had played 226 raked hands over 8 hours. The problem is that I played fewer than 200 hands total; log viewer shows 182 hands recorded for the month, and some of those were while I waited for the big blind. They requested that I send them a screenshot. After I did, they insisted that the 226 was right anyway, because that's what is in their system, and keep repeating their definition of a raked hand.

Has anyone else gotten the bonus early this month, or gotten a bad count from support?

PygmyHero
10-19-2005, 09:22 AM
pzhon -

Unfortunately I cannot answer your question as I haven't done Caribbean since they changed the bonus. However, from reading your post, it is not clear whether or not you know about cryptocounter (http://www.cryptocounter.com/) or not. If you're not already using it, download it. Its free and it really helps for all the crypto sites.

One last note - I've been learning backgammon in the past week and have read every article I could find in the Archives from Other Gambling. Thanks for sharing your wealth of knowledge on this topic.

VinnyTheFish
10-19-2005, 09:40 AM
Did you check back a while later? I have found that with Carrib. and Plex, you hands are not updated imediately, but within an hour or so. If you played them ...they are there.

I usually check back the next day.

Precision1C
10-19-2005, 12:23 PM
I had this same "problem" last month. Though I didn't notice till after I completed the raked hand requirement. If you still have your records try counting each full unit of rake as a raked hand and for pots that weren't raked at least 1 unit each .25 as 1/4 of a raked hand. I suspect wonderful programing is behind this issue.

groo
10-19-2005, 12:59 PM
I quit last month when after 500+ dealt hands at 1/2 they had me on 14 raked hands (this was 2 days after I played them, so there was plenty of time for the system to update). I tried to explain to them that even if only half had been raked .25 I'd be somewhere around 80-90 raked hands. They tried to explain to me that they are with out flaws. I explained to them that I don't do business with the flawless. At least it was good for a laugh.