View Full Version : So my new montior is dead after 3 hours

09-13-2005, 02:59 AM
Well, was exciting. Got my 19" CRT in the mail today purely to stick 4 tables on it while doing whatever else I wanted to do on my 19" LCD. So, it was working great. I was watching a little WPT season 1, while 4 tabling when all of a sudden the CRT makes a clicking sound, and then looks like a TV in between channels.
And now, whenever I turn it on, it just does that, continuosly clicking while slightly changing the garbledness each time it clicks. But nothing is visible. I bought the stupid thing because I couldn't afford a 2001FP and this is what I get.
I can't go to the menu on the monitor as I cannot see anything clearly on the screen. I tried changing around resolutions and refresh rates but it does nothing. Just a huge disaster as far as I can tell. Not to mention I'm down this week...just great.

09-13-2005, 03:08 AM
Did you use the proper drivers?
What brand/model is it
What resolution/refreshrate did you use?

09-13-2005, 03:16 AM
ENVISION EFT920 Silver 19" Pure Flat CRT Monitor
1600x1200 @ 60Hz

I don't know about drivers. It didn't come with a disk or anything.

09-13-2005, 03:29 AM
Ok, just downloaded and installed the drivers off their website...but, it didn't change anything. Still doing the same thing after a reboot.

09-13-2005, 03:42 AM
You could damage the monitor by using a too high resolution/refresh rate combo, but you didn't do that apperently. The drivers wont let you do that (unless you uncheck the box that will allow you to do so) so it is safer to have the proper drivers. Have you tried the picture controls on the monitor?

09-13-2005, 03:55 AM
yeah, i can't do anything with those. There is a menu button on the front, but I can't see anything on the screen, so if it pops up, I can't even tell.

09-13-2005, 04:20 AM
That monitor needs repair. My guess is that it is pretty easily fixed, prolly just a capacitator broken to the H-sync signal. Just a wild guess though.

09-13-2005, 05:02 AM
that's what I figured. I paid for 3-day shipping so I could start using it immediately, now I probably won't see the thing again for weeks. What a bargain.