View Full Version : JJ in a $109

07-16-2005, 02:23 PM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t15 (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

UTG+1 (t595)
MP1 (t975)
Hero (t1380)
MP3 (t1255)
CO (t910)
Button (t875)
SB (t995)
BB (t2025)
UTG (t990)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls t15, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t75</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls t75, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to t135</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls t60, Button calls t60.

Flop: (t435) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets t400</font>, Hero....

pf comments welcome as well
no reads- it's weird sitting down at a $109 and sometimes having notes on no one at the table.

07-16-2005, 02:30 PM
At an $11, I instashove. I think this is a clear push/fold spot, and I still lean toward shoving.

07-16-2005, 02:44 PM
That min-reraise is suspicious, especially after someone calls your open raise. You generally don't see too many donks at this level (I think, I don't play 109s) but it seems to me like he has one of the 3 hands that has you beaten. I'd fold unless you have a read on the guy that he would do this type of betting with high cards or 77-TT. But for some reason, I don't think he would.

FWIW, this is a very odd way to play QQ-AA too, but it seems more likely to me that he has one of those than one of the previously mentioned hands.

The Don
07-16-2005, 03:06 PM
I would say there is a 75% chance he has AA-QQ and a 25% chance he has 9s, 10s, or AK. Minreraises are VERY suspicious. It is an "I want action reraise" (I dont think any players are smart enough to do this with AK and bet out representing something huge when they miss). Based on that range it is a fold.

07-16-2005, 04:54 PM
I like the way you played the hand preflop.

On the flop, I would fold.