PDA

View Full Version : Poll: People who eat canned cranberry sauce are:


eric5148
11-24-2004, 03:37 PM

eric5148
11-24-2004, 03:42 PM
I will personally beat the crap out of anyone I see eating that canned crap on Thanksgiving. One year, my dad got some and tried to make me eat it, so I took a slice and carved swear words into it. Ahhhh, memories.


O/T: Congrats to me on 500 posts. Yay!

Non_Comformist
11-24-2004, 03:49 PM
It comes in something else?

astroglide
11-24-2004, 04:00 PM
i hate that [censored]

La Brujita
11-24-2004, 04:07 PM
I like it. I don't know what it says about me. I don't like canned sauce.

Here is an easy recipe:

Cranberry sauce
INGREDIENTS:
1 cup white sugar
1 cup orange juice
1 (12 ounce) package fresh cranberries

DIRECTIONS:
1. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, dissolve the sugar in the orange juice. Stir in the cranberries, and cook until they start to pop (about 10 minutes). Remove from heat, and transfer to a bowl. Cranberry sauce will thicken as it cools.
______________

What has my world come to: I am posting recipes on a poker forum. Maybe I should be shot.

Gamblor
11-24-2004, 04:37 PM
There is not much more on this planet that looks less like food than a cylindrical pile of dark red jello.

Blarg
11-24-2004, 04:46 PM
I was going to choose "hungry," but you forgot to include it.

Dynasty
11-24-2004, 07:19 PM
Some of you are nuts. Good, simple Ocean Spray canned cranberry sauce should be treated as a delicacy.

wacki
11-24-2004, 07:40 PM
I wouldn't call it a delicacy, but I do like the stuff, but only in small amounts. A spoonfull or two every Thanksgiving will do me just fine.

gavrilo
11-24-2004, 07:50 PM
i agree with this.. like it up until about that third spoonful and then don't want to see it until next year.

BusterStacks
11-24-2004, 07:51 PM
I think its kinda good, but i obviously prefer real stuff.

Porcupine
11-24-2004, 08:26 PM
Definitely not good in large quantities, but you have to like cutting a thin slice off the can shaped form for use on that leftover turkey sandwich.

Ulysses
11-24-2004, 09:17 PM
Canned jellied cranberry sauce rules. Ocean Spray, mmmmmmm. Much better than that nonsensical runny crap w/ those damn berries in it.

andyfox
11-24-2004, 09:30 PM
Only if you haven't eaten real cranberry sauce. It's kind of like living in Las Vegas compared to living in a real city. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

ilya
11-24-2004, 09:49 PM
Ugh, can you please not say "white trash"?

eric5148
11-25-2004, 02:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Canned jellied cranberry sauce rules. Ocean Spray, mmmmmmm. Much better than that nonsensical runny crap w/ those damn berries in it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, I don't think I'll ever be able to take your posts seriously again.

Do you prefer Spam over real meat too?

eric5148
11-25-2004, 02:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Ugh, can you please not say "white trash"?

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh no! I've tarnished the image of the OOT forum with my political incorrectness! Before this thread it was a place where people came for enlightening and gentlemanly discussions of the most important social issues.

I've ruined it!

Bad Eric! Bad Eric! Shame on me.

CCass
11-25-2004, 11:21 AM
Since my wife eats cranberry sauce from a can, I asked her to help me answer this question. She chose "Mentally Challenged" because she thinks it is a challenge to put up with inferior beings that do not like canned cranberry sauce.

Topflight
11-25-2004, 12:10 PM
I've never taken a bite of cranberry sauce, but if I do I will start with this ocean spray that you speak of.

eric5148
11-25-2004, 02:19 PM
Ask your wife this for me: What's her favorite part of the canned cranberrries? Is it the high fructose corn syrup? Artificial flavor and colorings? Preservatives? No wait, I know, it's got to be the lovely stamp from the serial number of the can on the bottom. When your guests see that, they know you're all class, and you spend a great deal of time and effort to make them a special meal. Nothing captures the tradition of Thanksgiving like a can opener.

Ulysses
11-25-2004, 03:33 PM
http://www.oceanspray.com/images/fruits/unmold_4.jpg

eric5148
11-25-2004, 04:03 PM
Hmmm...you didn't get that from the Ocean Spray website did you?

99% of people who eat canned cranberries eat it off of those plastic plates with the raised borders for each side dish. The other 1% can't afford plates (and these are the people who have a legitamate reason for eating canned cranberries).

I can take a dog turd and put it on a nice plate with some parsley and make it look edible.

Have fun with your disks, I'm eating real food tonight.

daryn
11-25-2004, 04:34 PM
i think you're way off here, equating canned cranberry with white trash.

ClaytonN
11-25-2004, 04:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
99% of people who eat canned cranberries eat it off of those plastic plates with the raised borders for each side dish. The other 1% can't afford plates (and these are the people who have a legitamate reason for eating canned cranberries).

[/ QUOTE ]

I eat real cranberries, but you're way off base here. Some people just prefer the taste of the canned stuff to the real stuff.

BK_
11-25-2004, 05:15 PM
i love it. i buy it during the year, and eat entire cans at a time.

Rick Nebiolo
11-25-2004, 05:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Some of you are nuts. Good, simple Ocean Spray canned cranberry sauce should be treated as a delicacy.

[/ QUOTE ]

for better, worse or whatever, i'm currently living a small portion lifestyle. i've been getting those little six packs of apple sauce to go with the pork chops i often grill (why are boneless center loin pork chops so cheap lately?). ocean spray should market mini-cranberry sauces for guys like me/us.

~ rick

ps many of my friends were blown away by your 50 for 50 picks in the election. any offers from CNN or MSNBC?

dr. klopek
11-25-2004, 06:11 PM
Where's the "poor" option?

young nut
11-25-2004, 07:32 PM
Cranberry sauce tastes like rotted strawberries mixed with dog urine.

astroglide
11-25-2004, 11:48 PM
what 50 for 50 picks?

PhatPots
11-26-2004, 01:12 AM
Eating crannberry sauce makes me feel like a big man!

Cheers,
Pots

Dynasty
11-26-2004, 02:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
what 50 for 50 picks?

[/ QUOTE ]

I picked the winner of all fifty states (and D.C.) in the Electoral College on Election Day. The really good stuff is the %'s I predicted for Bush and Kerry.

Electoral College Prediction and Analysis (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=politics&Number=1204730&Fo rum=f27&Words=&Searchpage=0&Limit=2500&Main=120473 0&Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=36&daterange=1&ne werval=1&newertype=y&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyprev =#Post1204730)

Out of 50 states, I predicted 10 precisely (example: Pensylvania; I predicted Kerry 51, Bush 49. It finished Kerry 51-49).

I predicted 9 states within 1% point. (example: New Mexico; I predicted Bush 50, Kerry 48, 3rd party 2. It finished Bush 50, Kerry 49, 3rd Party 1).

I predicted 7 states with in 2% points (example Iowa; I predicted Bush 51, Kerry 48, 3rd party 1. It finished Bush 50, Kerry 49, 3rd party 1).

That's 26 states within 2% points. The only battleground state I missed by more than 2% points was Florida.

jakethebake
11-26-2004, 09:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
There is not much more on this planet that looks less like food than a cylindrical pile of dark red jello.

[/ QUOTE ] Hey! We agree on something Gamblor!!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Dynasty
11-27-2004, 01:02 AM
I just realized that when I had a little turkey yesterday for Thanksgiving that I forgot to pull out my Ocean Spray cranberry sauce from the fridge. Even with this thread keeping it on my mind, I forgot. Is this what it's like to get old?

Zeno
11-27-2004, 02:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Is this what it's like to get old?

[/ QUOTE ]

Close. But Andy has all the delicate details at his fingertips. I'm not there - yet. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

-Zeno

Q8offsuit
11-27-2004, 01:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i think you're way off here, equating canned cranberry with white trash.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ding Ding Ding! We have a winner, folks. Usually I don't agree with you, Daryn, but this time I do.

Here's my poll:

Posters who create polls claiming that people who eat a certain type of food are retarded, white trash, deficient, criminal, or otherwise enfeebled are:
(users may choose many)

1. Culturally elitist

2. Arrogant

No, I don't eat canned cranberry sauce.

PS - Big city liberals wonder why the "stupid white trash rednecks" in flyover country don't like them or Kerry. It's because of this attitude. I know this is stupid, and it's about cranberry sauce, for God's sake, but it is this kind of thinking that alienates vast portions of this country.

eric5148
11-27-2004, 08:27 PM
Dude, lighten up, I'm just saying I hate canned cranberries, not the southern half of the country. The term white trash doesn't even mean "white southerner" in my book.

I live in a big city, but I didn't vote for Kerry or Bush.

Southerners have always felt alienated by Northerners ever since the Civil War, it has nothing to do with John Kerry.