View Full Version : Statistics terminology question

10-05-2004, 10:20 PM
Is there a short name for a result that is an equal and opposite distance from the mean in relation to that result?

Example: You have a result of $x in a session, and you compute that you are 2 SD's higher than your expected result for a session. What would you call the opposing result that is 2 SD's below the mean? Is there a short name for this?