Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2004, 11:31 AM

Default Moving to Vegas

I now read that Al Capone Jr. is moving to Vegas, and Dynasty recently shared his experiences of 3 years ago.

I have a bunch of random questions, since I have been considering a move (at least a year in the future) and would like to know how people think about their Vegas move (or decision not to move).

How many of you have moved to Vegas to play poker?

Did your move after you proved your pokering ability, or did you just have confidence that you could do it?

Do you have any regrets moving?

Is there anywhere else you'd consider living that has good poker games available?

With internet poker, why bother moving to Vegas?

What is the single biggest positive to making a move to Vegas?

Thanks. Time for a beer. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-12-2004, 11:56 AM

Default Re: Moving to Vegas

It should be noted that I am moving to vegas primarily for social reasons, not JUST to play poker. If I were planning to play for ALL my income I would move back to california where the games are better (tho that is probably less necessary now given the boom of the last few years). I do have a rather cush and high paying online job, and poker will be my secondary income (tho quite significant nonetheless, I like to play about 30-40 hours a week despite working). In addition to poker and my online job, I hope to do some stagehand work on the side, as I just happen to find that type of work fun (oh yea, and it pays very well too. anyone with links to the stagehand world feel free to contact me [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]).

Also, I lived in san diego for a few years, and would like to be close to there once again, since I have friends and family there.

It is well known that I DESPISE internet poker, so that should clear you up on THAT subject, at least in relation to my reasons for moving to vegas.

The positive things about vegas are many, but mostly it's a place where I have lots of friends and where I like to be found.

It's a matter of a couple weeks before I leave for vegas one way, tho I might stop in san diego for a week or two first, I haven't decided. I want to be in vegas in time for the orleans open tho.

al
Old 06-13-2004, 11:13 AM

Thanks Al. Make sure you post trip reports.

I was hoping for more responses from the Vegas crowd. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 06-13-2004, 12:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, I lived in san diego for a few years, and would like to be close to there once again, since I have friends and family there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good thing you had the sense to get out. The constant sun and good surf can really wear you down after a while. Make sure to tell all your friends just how terrible a place to live SD truely is. Oh, and the housing prices, don't get me started...
Old 06-13-2004, 01:46 PM

Well I never owned land or a home there cuz it was too expensive. It's probably a better place to visit than to live, but damn... 70 and sunny with light, fluffy clouds every day... you can hardly beat it for a place to BE.

I could give a [censored] about the beach. I did surf now and then, but only, and trust me, ONLY when chasing girls who liked to surf.

San diego has great nightclubs too, especially

clubsabbat.net

al
Old 06-13-2004, 01:55 PM

Yeah it is a rough life living in San Diego.
But I am up for the task.
Old 06-13-2004, 02:54 PM

Oh no. It is awesome living here as well.
And if you've owned expensive land hear in the last three years, you've made bank (unfortunately i have not).