Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2004, 08:07 PM

Default Iris Suspended

Those of you who know and love Commerce's Iris will be interested to hear she has been suspended for a month. Given what she gets away with that results in no action, one can only imagine what she might have done to have receive this penalty.

In other news, there's a player who apparently had won $130,000 in the 300-600 hold 'em game, playing 48 hours straight. But then he gave either all or most of it back. He was playing in the game today. Perhaps snakehead can fill us in with some juicy details.
Old 06-10-2004, 12:02 AM

Default Re: Iris Suspended

Just for posting this I put you in the top ten list of all time twoplustwo MVPs [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

~ Rick
Old 06-10-2004, 12:26 AM

first, andy told me about another player who was suspended for a week, but then he showed up to play today. we'll have to wait and see how long iris is gone.

the big winner has a gambler's nickname (cincinatti). he had about $130,000 in chips in front of him at one time on monday, but he only had about $60,000 when he cashed out. he lost about $25,000 yesterday, and about $10,000 today. he also spends a lot of time playing in the back room, and I don't know what his results are from there. maybe jim rivett can enlighten us about that.
Old 06-10-2004, 01:52 AM

The player suspended for a week served his time. In fact, he found out about the suspension two days after the act that got him suspended, when he first returned to the card room and was not allowed "time served": the suspension started from when he returned to the card room, not when the act occurred.

I'm hoping for a three strikes and your out rule.
Old 06-10-2004, 04:40 AM

i was there monday evening and the guy had 12 racks at his high point and around 5 racks at one point i remember. they were at the next table over so we were constantly keeping an eye on him. the most interesting part of the story is that he bought into the game for only $5000--- half a rack.

what's this about a backroom? where is it? is that where the spread the 4 figure games or something? is that where you were hiding out monday night snakehead?? i came to play 80-160 with you and all i found was coilean and some red haired asian chicks.
Old 06-10-2004, 05:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In other news, there's a player who apparently had won $130,000 in the 300-600 hold 'em game, playing 48 hours straight. But then he gave either all or most of it back.

[/ QUOTE ]

I even got a call about this guy in Vegas. Cincinatti. I don't know the lineup in the game other than JC Tran, and there was a must move to it. Must move 300-600. Nice.

Anyhow, i have one hand for this guy (Cincinatti).

So he's got A4. Flop 772. Opponent has 22 but he gets running 4's, after several bets on the flop and turn.

After hearing that, yes I believe I would have made a phone call and been on the list for the game within an hour.

But the question remains... why didn't -you- sit, Andy? Apparently you have the roll, and I'm SURE you could pull 200+ an hour out of that game just from that guy's presence. That's one of those games that I dream about at nights. I guess you'd rather take money from people who have to work (meaning play cards) for a living, eh? :-)

~D
Old 06-10-2004, 09:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i came to play 80-160 with you and all i found was coilean and some red haired asian chicks

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be Coilean and some floaters.
Old 06-10-2004, 10:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i came to play 80-160 with you and all i found was coilean and some red haired asian chicks.

[/ QUOTE ]

mike l., you have some quality game selection if you sat in that one, lol...unless of course clark was there and producing in fine form [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

in anycase, this sounds like you maybe shoulda indulged yourself. and although i'm not out there the post was interesting anyways...

-Barron
Old 06-10-2004, 12:02 PM

Snakehead was in the game yesterday, so I assume the line-up was OK. I'm very comfortable playing 40-80. Poker's an enjoyable hobby for me.

Snakehead said it is impossible to put Cincinnati on a hand. He'll play pocket aces the same as 7-5o no pair on the river the same. So pretty big fluctuations for everyone in the game, not just him.
Old 06-10-2004, 01:38 PM

if you would rather look across the table at me than at the red-haired women, you have serious issues. these days, I usually only play the 80 holdem while waiting for my bread-and-butter game, which is spread at the next table over.

and for the record, I have never played in the back room.