Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2004, 12:11 AM

Default There Are Twelve 2+2ers in My Home Right Now

Roll Call: Dynasty, Clarkmeister, Coilean, Ed Miller, Barry, Rharles, Tommy Angelo, Gabe, Jay Gorsegner, J_V, Hiatus Over, and Nomar.

Incredibly, the action in this Double Discard Crazy Pineapple is very good. Unfortunately, I have only a one bedroom apartment and we play on a coffee table. What a mess!
Old 05-15-2004, 01:25 AM

Default Re: There Are Twelve 2+2ers in My Home Right Now

wish i was there. clark's right, i do suck.
Old 05-15-2004, 01:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Roll Call: Dynasty, Clarkmeister, Coilean, Ed Miller, Barry, Rharles, Tommy Angelo, Gabe, Jay Gorsegner, J_V, Hiatus Over, and Nomar.

Incredibly, the action in this Double Discard Crazy Pineapple is very good. Unfortunately, I have only a one bedroom apartment and we play on a coffee table. What a mess!

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh... game selection?

eastbay
Old 05-15-2004, 02:04 AM

We lost a few players about an hour ago. Barry, Rharless, and Jay Gorsegner took off.

The game has switched to 3-6 hold 'em.

Ed Miller (whom I'm told is a noted poker authority) got a call from Mason during play concerning the low limit hold 'em book he's writing. Of course, we all razzed him for being Mason's XXXXX.

Hey Mason, how can you let this guy sit around and drink beer when he should be working 20 hours a day to get that manuscript finished? I think this lack of professionalism on Ed's part calls for a 50% reduction in his royalties.
Old 05-15-2004, 02:06 AM

I don't think that the action was very good until I got there. My 1st hand was A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] so I capped it PF against Ed and won. The next hand I flop the nut straight and make it 3 bets on the turn before I realize that there were 3 hearts on the board and I have none.

Clarkmeister was playing very passively tonight, he slipped out of at least 4 checkraises. The only one that he "fell" for was a bluff by rharless BF, so he won the pot anyway.
Old 05-15-2004, 02:13 AM

Is this the game I invented? I thought I was going to get a royalty, or at least it would be called Crazy Fox.

Remember, Tommy has said this is his best game.
Old 05-15-2004, 02:18 AM

We've been calling it Crazy Fox.

Tommy may have said it was his best game but he was the one who most wanted to switch to hold 'em.
Old 05-15-2004, 10:07 AM

Sorry the Babe missed this group of drunken poker players, but I had to go to a gourmet dinner with my hubby. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] I did stop by Mandalay Bay to see Rhaless and Barry, but alas, they were not there.

I will be lurking at Mirage today most likely.

LGPG,
Babe [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 05-15-2004, 10:15 AM

Crazy Fox is a fun game. I felt like a fish out of water but it was a blast.

This one hand, I have Kc Qs Jc Jh and limp UTG, Barry on my left raises. I don't remember preflop action after that, but the end result is Tommy on my right (BB) folded and I called one SB against Barry. Tommy says cool, I can sweat you on this one and Noted Poker Authority E.M., standing behind me, also says the same.

The flop is Ks Js 8s. I bet and Barry calls. Now it is time to discard one. I want to toss my Q because I have a boat with my KJJ. But, I realize, I do not have a boat. But all the same, the K "fits" a lot with the board. I realize the Q gives me the flush draw so it provides more outs/insurance. Maybe I could suck out on myself? So with Ed and Tommy both watching me hem and haw -- I toss the K. Afterwards I get the thumbs up from both of them. An easy decision I am sure, but the first time I had even considered this situation, since I had never thought about the game before.

In another hand I limp UTG with Jh Jd Th 9d. I believe one or two more limp and then Clarky raises on the button. I call with the others. The flop is Jc Js 8c. Clarky seems a bit pouty tonight with a big headache. I check-call his flop bet. Turn Ac and he checks behind me. I realize he has checked behind at least three times tonight on both turn and river, even after capping the flop. So on the river, I think an offsuit 2, I bet. He simply folds. Here I am trying to rope a dope, but I don't have the dope.

2+2ers are excellent peoples. Dynasty, thanks for hosting all of us in your home.
Old 05-15-2004, 12:43 PM

Yeah, I never said it was his best game, only that he said it was his best game. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Sounds like you guys had a great time, both at your place and in Babe' golf tournament.