Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2002, 09:50 PM

Default Pittsburgh Card Rooms

I was in a Paradise $20 tourney about a month ago when a lady with the handle "kickflip" who was also from Pittsburgh saw my location and began talking to me about 3 cardrooms in Pittsburgh. Of course, this made my ears perk up because unless I go to AC or to the boats in Indiana when I am visiting family, I am locked into on-line poker - and I much prefer the live game. Anyway, I can't seem to find her. I keep going on Paradise and looking table by table but she had disappeared. My wife and little guy are out of town this next week and would be a great chance to check out the live cardrooms in Pittsburgh without worrying about bathtime, bedtime, etc., etc. Does anyone know about cardrooms in the Pittsburgh area? If so, can you email me any additional details - or let me know in a post response?

Thanks a million

Kevin
Old 03-22-2002, 11:19 PM

Default Re: Pittsburgh Card Rooms

are you sure she didnt mean phili? that one is in mississippi.
Old 03-23-2002, 12:57 AM

She had Pittsburgh as her location by her name and initiated the conversation with me when she saw my location. I am pretty sure she meant Pittsburgh - but I could be wrong... I gave her an email and a phone number and haven't heard from her since - I am going crazy trying to find out

Kevin
Old 03-24-2002, 08:55 PM

I don't know the Pittsburgh situation specifically, but it may help if you post something on www.pokerpages.com under their classified ads/looking for games section. Say ur from Pittsburgh and wondering if there are any cardrooms or homegames in the area...u will get a lot of responses probably.

Jeff
Old 03-25-2002, 06:48 PM

I'm from PA. To the best of my knowledge poker isn't legal anywhere in the state.
Old 03-25-2002, 06:57 PM

Who said anything about legal? Underground poker can be found almost anywhere if u look hard enough....it is in every city and not a big risk if u arent running the game.