Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-2004, 05:10 PM

Default A proposition

Would there be any intrest in playing a 1 or 2 table SnG for 2+2er's that would be used for an entry into a larger tourney?

I'll try to explain ...

There is the $500 + 30 stars tourney comming up this Sunday. We get 18 people to play a 2 table $30 SnG. The total prize pool for this is $540. We agree to transfer all $ won to the winner who in turn represents us in the big tourney. Perhaps this could even be done for a $650 WSOP super? We use a Sng as our own little super sat. Any intrest?
Old 03-23-2004, 05:12 PM

Default Re: A proposition

I might be tempted.
Old 03-23-2004, 05:18 PM

Why would anyone want to play against 17 other players who at least have a general understanding of what they are doing? I'll take my chances against the general pokerstars population.

Rick Diesel
Old 03-23-2004, 05:27 PM

I agree playing against 17 other 2+2ers would not be the best overall +ev tourney one could enter, but I would want to play in this more for entertainment value and possibly being able to sweat one of our own that we, in a way, helped get there. The eventual winner could make a post of key hands etc. from the big tourney. Maybe a stipulation that if he/she cashed, we would all get our SnG buy in back, kind of having a stake in it ... just some thoughts.

If we get enough people interested, I'll organize it. Maybe make a poll for best date and time ...