Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 03-22-2004, 06:49 PM

Default Bubble Time with JJ UTG

Good afternoon,
Been grinding it out all tourney. Table overall is pretty tight passive (at least for a 10 sng). 4 people left and... well I'll just let good old bison do the rest.

Hero (t1630)
Button (t1280)
SB (t4675)
BB (t415)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
Hero...

What would everyone do in this situation? After a few replies I'll give my results. Thanks.
Old 03-22-2004, 09:35 PM

Default Re: Bubble Time with JJ UTG

No takers huh? Well... I decided to push at this point hoping for a blind steal. The other medium stack goes all-in as well and the others fold. He shows KK and takes me down to about 350. Luckily I survive until the shortstack gets blinded out and I take 3rd place.

At the time I was thinking that if I let anyone limp in and the A, K, or Q flops then I've got a big decision to make. In hindsight though, I really feel like I made the wrong play. The short stack is almost out to the point where I just need to limp to make it into the money. Should I have done a min raise and folded to the mid stack's reraise? All comments are appreciated. Thanks.
Old 03-22-2004, 10:55 PM

well hoss i was out of town, so didn't see this post till today. however my first question would have been what were the blinds?

nevertheless, just pushing in can't be very wrong with four left in a SNG. However, if the blinds were still really low, you might just call it and see what the flop brings, not risking it all just yet.

had this been a multi-table tournament, the amount of the blinds would have been much more important, because sometimes you might fold, sometimes you might push.

al
Old 03-22-2004, 10:59 PM

Id like to know what the blinds are but at that stage of the tourney im pushing all in. I dont like playing for 2nd or 3rd i like 1st [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-22-2004, 11:19 PM

Sorry, forgot the blinds. I believe at the time they were 100/200, about to make the jump up. This was as non-$10 sng as you could get. We actually had all 10 players survive the first level, and had 8 left at 50/100. Makes you worry that there's too many sharks for the fish...
Old 03-23-2004, 09:47 AM

fold