Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 03-22-2004, 06:48 PM

Default 3 left 2 short stacks 1 hard decision?

Stars SnG, blinds 200/400. Hero has 494 chips and is SB, BB has 12000 chips, button has 751 chips.

Button goes all-in. The decision is on you, you hold A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] thats right a non-hold'em game!

The game is PL08 you have a very good hand for a short stack, it will cost you 200ish to call where a double-up will give you only a very slim chance of winning the SnG. As the blinds are so high the big stack will almost certainly call and you stand a reasonable chance of moving up a spot if you fold. Do you make the call?
Old 03-22-2004, 06:53 PM

Default Re: 3 left 2 short stacks 1 hard decision?

I'm still new but I'd think this is a pretty easy laydown. If you call, you still don't know what the big stack has and he could likely call both of you. If either of them win, you're out. I think I'd take my chances to let them duel it out and take my free hand on the button if it doesn't work out.
Old 03-22-2004, 09:59 PM

Default Re: 3 left 2 short stacks 1 hard decision?

Normally, if I am a small stack, I don't like another small stack playing without me. You have an excellent hand for 3 handed - both high and low possibilities. Button has advertised a decent hand, but not likely to be better than yours. BB could have a crap hand here, but still would be correct to call. You can't just let this one go by and let button increase his stack without a fight.