Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2004, 07:12 PM

Default 3rd hand in...

Early in the 20+2 stars SNG tourny, 3 hands in I think. Everyone's stack size still around the starting 1500, blinds at 10/20. I am in MP and pick up QQ. UTG open raises to 100. No notes on UTG and the only thing I can tell you about him is he open-raised the first hand as well and took the blinds. Folded to the guy on my right who re-raises to 400. I am next to act. What do you do?

Assuming you called and then it got folded to the button who re-raised to 1000. It then got folded to the player on my right who pushed in. Now what do you do? Thanks in advance.

SGS
Old 03-15-2004, 12:32 AM

Default Re: 3rd hand in...

[ QUOTE ]

Assuming you called

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you either have to push all in or fold...no middle ground.

As for whether or not I'd go all in, it definitely depends what limit you're playing at.

On the whole, I'd say fold it. I would put one guy on A-K and the other guy on a pocket pair of some sorts, hopefully for you a guy overplaying J-J. Regardless, you're 50-50 at best with A-K and potentially a huge dog.

I guess I could see them both having A-K, but its unlikely.

At a 200 dollar table, I fold, but even then its a tough call. At a 50 dollar or less, I call, especially considering the guy was aggressive on the first hand as well.