Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-10-2004, 12:33 AM

Default UTG Misplay?

all right question for my fellow 2+2 nerds...
UTG I am dealt K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
first question? is this an easy fold?
Blinds were at 10/20
BTW, I limped, had to call a min raise by an EP raiser. So not to bad, BB calls as well.
flop is 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], I bet out trying to make a play, (probably a bad idea), anyways EP reraises all in? what should I do? For those of you who may think I am an idiot based on what you have seen so far, I folded, my opp. showed AK for top pair.
thoughts on play? especially pre flop, I think this is probably an easy fold, partly because I don't want to have to call re-raises with this hand.
Old 03-10-2004, 12:37 AM

Default Re: UTG Misplay?

I'd fold this utg and on the button (been playing at Party with the short stacks, on Stars I think I would limp after a bunch of limpers, maybe). And you have a very easy fold on the flop.
Old 03-10-2004, 12:51 AM

i dont like to lead out on draws, if the pot was raised preflop. often youre facing someone who has the potential for TPTK, or an overpair and are going to overbet the pot to push out, or go allin.

i like to check, and *sometimes* they will bet small to "suck me in". although im usually getting pot odds with chips i wont miss. and you can even go against pot odds a little, especially in lowbuyins because you're more likely to get paid off. (implied odds)

i do on the other hand, like to lead out when i hit 2 pair or better, becasue the preflop raiser will often have to raise me assuming hes defending his hand from draws, at which point i can push, and he has to pay me off having already committed a large portion of his stack.
Old 03-10-2004, 01:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i do on the other hand, like to lead out when i hit 2 pair or better, becasue the preflop raiser will often have to raise me assuming hes defending his hand from draws, at which point i can push, and he has to pay me off having already committed a large portion of his stack.

[/ QUOTE ]
very smart, I like this.
Old 03-10-2004, 03:59 AM

KQ off UTG......blinds are 10/20 so it's way early in the tourny?

Easy fold.

Easiest fold to be seen in a long time.......

I did say that I would FOLD THIS right?!?!?!

<font color="red"> FOLD! </font>

<font color="blue"> FOLD!!!!!! </font>

Answer in white below:

<font color="white">FOLD, FOLD, FOLD, FOLD ALREADY!!!!!

</font>

I think you know how I feel........see ya at the tables. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]