Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 03-06-2004, 12:17 PM

Default Overplayed?

33$ 1-table. First, few words about my opponent here (Opp). 4 hands befoer this one, he was BB in an un-raised pot. Flop: Q-T-3 rainbow. SB bets, Opp raises, SB re-raises, Opp calls. Turn: 6. SB bets half his stack. Opp thinks and then raises all-in. SB calls and shows QJ. Opp has Q9, and catches a 9 on the river, to double up. Yes, a 3 outer. That's my Opp.

Now, blinds are 15/30. 3 limpers (including Opp, T3040 in MP). I complete on the SB with J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. I have T1440.

Flop: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

All check.

Turn: J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I got my 2 pair. I bet T150. Folded to Opp, who min-raises to 300. Folded to me. I push. He calls and shows 66. I'm out.

Comments?
Old 03-06-2004, 12:29 PM

Default Re: Overplayed?

I would have played it the same way on every street. To me it seems like there was no way out for you.

Regards
Old 03-06-2004, 12:59 PM

Default Re: Overplayed?

i'd probably fold preflop. this hand is much more likely to flop a draw than a complete hand, and it is nigh-impossible to hit the nuts with. there's little reason to gamble with a mediocre hand early in a SNG.

(it looks like you played this tournament at stars, which makes this call look a little better because of implied odds with the deeper stacks. but i would still fold.)

on the turn, close play. this really looks like a slowplay, but you can beat a flopped two pair. i can't really disagree with your play even though i wouldn't be too surprised if he turns over a better hand.