Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip

Old 01-31-2002, 12:37 AM

Default Heard Huck Seed Was Broke

I guess he did well in Tunica but the gossip I heard was that he went broke and was playing middle limit hold'em at the Bellagio.
Old 01-31-2002, 12:44 AM

Default Re: Heard Huck Seed Was Broke

I played 30-60 HE with in Tunica...that seems to be middle limit from Huck's viewpoint.
Old 01-31-2002, 01:01 AM

Default trip report Matt?

Hope things went well. Would love to hear about it.

Dan Z.
Old 01-31-2002, 01:26 AM

Saw him in AC in December playing 30-60 and 20-40...he stayed for a few weeks after the tourney I think. He is one TALL human being.

Jeff
Old 01-31-2002, 01:38 AM

the important thing is that huck is a really good person and deserves the best. but being a hard core gambler and great player he will be in and out of big money all his life. thats the choice of a gambler. still most people live their whole lives and not do the things he has done or enjoyed.
Old 01-31-2002, 02:42 AM

Default Gambling IS Overrated

Yea Ray I love living with that kind of peace!

Look what it did to Stu the Kid and most of the suckers in Las Vegas. Last time I checked, doesn't Las Vegas have the highest rate of suicide?

You are certainly a winner in your profession, but your comment makes little sense to people who actually enjoy their days jobs and the peace it brings.

Gambling should be reserved for enjoyment at low betting limits for most people (99.9% of the population); the other .1% (you included) know what it takes to win...and those winnings are usually at the expense of the 99.9% who have no clue.
Old 01-31-2002, 04:19 AM

Default Stu Unger Raised From The Dead!

HEADLINES: Unger alive in Reno and he sure in enjoying life these days!
Old 01-31-2002, 05:37 AM

How is 30-60 'middle limit' to Huck, when he plays ( at least used too ) some of the biggest cash NL Hold-em games in the world. I had heard he was down in Costa Rica playing NL down there for some time..

Later,

CJ

Old 01-31-2002, 11:53 AM

Default Re: Gambling IS Overrated

ant,

gambling is trading risk for reward, thats all. with poker, its money and your time. in what you do maybe its crossing the street against the light to get to work on time so you dont get fired. its all the same. and i think seattle had the highest rate of suicide once. because of the rain. another risk reward. jobs and good safe living conditions verses rain and depression for some.
Old 01-31-2002, 12:58 PM

Default Re: Gambling IS Overrated

Ray:

The bottom line is gambling chews up and spits out a lot more people than it helps. Like a lot of gamblers, you want to romantize it and glorify it like you live some sort of grand life adventure with unbelievable highs and some occasional lows. Dont get me wrong, I am a gambler also and overall enjoy the lifestyle, but I have seen too many people ruined by it. Lets not try to paint it as something it is not.--Big Al--