Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-2004, 07:23 PM

Default A/Jo in the BB, Jack high flop

I was playing in a 10+1 sng on stars today when this hand came up. Its only been running for two orbits and I have no read on the player. I am in the BB with A/Jo.

Utg limps, Utg+1 limps, LP limps, SB calls, I check.
Pot:150

Flop:J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I bet out 150 and the UTG raises to 300. Everyone else folds. What do you do? UTG has me covered by about 200 chips. All responses welcome.

Old 02-09-2004, 07:36 PM

Default Re: A/Jo in the BB, Jack high flop

UTG would have to be pretty adamant that a lot of people would be coming along to call with JTs. probably open raise TT and above; I would probably make him for KQo; an OESD would be worth a raise on the flop; he may be trying to buy a turn card.

I'd hope he has KJ [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Pete
Old 02-09-2004, 08:21 PM

Default Re: A/Jo in the BB, Jack high flop

My opinion only but I think it's a fold. I have a couple of reasons that include the fact that it is so early in the tournament with a low buy in. UTG could quite conceiveably have limped with almost anything. A JT in this situation is not unbelieveable. Actually J3s or T3s isn't outside the realm of possibility. I think many people make the error early in these lower buy in SNG's of overestimating TPTK.