Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2004, 02:42 PM

Default TT 3-handed NL Hold \'em

Hey all,

Interested in thoughts/comments on both player's play please...(of course we all know this turns out to be a bad beat story, but bear with me and comment anyhow please)

3 players in a home game NLHE tourney. All stacks are even at ~20xBB. I catch TT in the BB, button makes it 4xBB to go. SB folds. Now I'm heads up against a guy I've played w/ for many years and have a good read on: Loose-Aggressive. Possiblities, from most likely to least likely, for his hand are:
1)Complete steal
2)Ax
3)AA/KK
4)other PP < JJ

I push in, if he has AA/KK, so be it. He thinks...I'm happy, he doesn't have AA or KK. He calls, and turns over...KQo.

Board hits 4 clubs to make his Kc good...I am sad. Opponent says..."I really thought I was making a good call there"...I am on tilt. I generally think my opponent is a good player, but his call here seems insane to me. At best, he's got to figure he's a 54/46 dog, at worst he's completely dominated.

Anyhow, some specifics I'm interested in here...
1)My all-in preflop w/ regards to hand/stack size/number of players...would a different bet have been better?
2)His all-in call...maybe I'm missing something, because I don't see any sense in it.

Thanks in advance.

Old 02-06-2004, 02:56 PM

Default Re: TT 3-handed NL Hold \'em

[ QUOTE ]
Possiblities, from most likely to least likely, for his hand are:
1)Complete steal
2)Ax
3)AA/KK
4)other PP < JJ

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm.... looks like you've put him on any 2 cards except QQ or JJ. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

As far as the play, your allin is fine. TT is a strong hand 3 ways and a raise would typically be to about 12 BBs and that's 60% of your stack anyway. Besides, TT is better off being allin, rather than having to do guesswork on the flop.

As for his call, I agree I would have laid it down usually. Unless he had some reason to think you were restealing.
Old 02-06-2004, 03:14 PM

Default Re: TT 3-handed NL Hold \'em

[ QUOTE ]
Hmmm.... looks like you've put him on any 2 cards except QQ or JJ.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol...I guess my read on him does sound kind of ridiculous when you put it that way. I probably should have left the "other PP < JJ" off the list of possibilities, as those hands were a far distant possiblity in my mind.