Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 02-03-2004, 06:29 PM

Default Today\'s SnG

Ok I am very sorry but I was not able to watch much of the SnG today. Shortly after I left there was an avalache down the road from me, and everyone was out digging for a farmer and the remains of his house. No sign of him yet, which means practically zero chance of good news now.

Final standings:

1: Bozeman (Bozeman), $72.00 (40%)
2: MobyDick (København), $54.00 (30%)
3: Boomerrang (Purcellville), $36.00 (20%)
4: sauceisboss (Falls Church), $18.00 (10%)
5: debaser (Buckingham),
6: Shub314 (Victoria),
7: ByronKincaid (Carshalton),
8: heyrocker (Chicago),
9: Stone_Eyes (Bangor),
10: HelmetSky (Ramat-Gan),
11: VinnyTheFish (Mine Hill),
12: t_perkin 2+2 (Akureyri),
13: nbtexan1 (gatesville),
14: ashygirl (elstree),
15: James2055 (Litchfield),
16: Fatboy27 (Lockhart),
17: ykurtz (Chicago),
18: ClemsonAce (Lexington),

Maximum congrats to Bozeman.

Below is Vinny's report up until he got booted, if you played and can remember any good hands please post them.

Sorry this is not a very cheerful post, I am not in a very happy mood as you can imagine.

Tim

-----------

Fatboy27 won the first all-in showdown at our table when his shortstacked 55 Byron’s AQ that did not pair up. +1100

Fatboy27 (set of 10’s on the Turn) overed Moby (Ste of 3’s on the flop) +2900, leaving moby with 290!!

Fatboy27 & Moby (A T) bumped heads when Fatbaoy called with 6 9 (* Then Fatboy would not tell us his 2+2 name*) J

Moby +2300

Shrub (AKd) booted Fatboy27 (A9o) when no one paired.

VinnyTheFish [Jd Ac] vs. Boomerrang [9d Jh]

*** RIVER *** [3s 9s 3c 8c] [2s] Boomerrang: (two pair, Nines and Threes)

----------
Old 02-03-2004, 06:47 PM

Default Re: Today\'s SnG

OK, this is my very short report.

Got kicked out 10th after playing very aggressively 2 terrible hands, that normally I wouldn't touch with a stick. Bad Bad play. Should work on my folding abilities.

Otherwise, it was great to see William's comeback, after he almost busted with a set of 3's against fatman's set of T's. He came back from T300 (had some very lucky flop on the way, JJx with his J9), and took 2nd place.

debaser (Sherriff Fatman here, not the "fatman" in the game) had a good comeback too, at the final table.

I really enjoyed watching Bozeman play at my first table for a while, before I busted. He kept on with a very aggressive play at the the final table too. I don't remeber hands, except his last one with AA against William's TJ (?). Nice finale.

Good game everyone. See you tomorrow, if I'll make it... hope to do better. Have a lot to learn.

PrayingMantis

Old 02-03-2004, 07:43 PM

Thought I'd busted out to a bad play earlier on when holding 99 vs Stoneye (who knocked me out last week). He raised all in and I called to see him flip JJ. Actually thought I'd gone out but discovered to my surprise that I was still standing (although very short stacked).

I clung on from the short stack to make the final table (thanks to some incredible luck on the river when all-in on several occasions). First with J8s vs William, getting 2 pair on the river. Then with KQs vs AQo, the river brought a King for 2 pair (Q on the flop).

Eventually the luck ran out and I finished in the bubble (5th) when, again as lowest stack, I raised all-in with A6s but came up against William's QQ. However, I enjoyed it immensely.

Hung around to watch the finish. 3rd place went to a non 2+2er leaving William and Bozeman to go heads up. After a short tussle William raised all-in preflop with JTo. Unfortunately, Bozeman was holding AA.

Thanks to all who played. Hope to be back again next week. These things may prove to be big -EV for me but the learning experience is well worth it.

Sherriff (debaser)
Old 02-03-2004, 07:49 PM

t_perkin,

Reading you first post very briefly, just to see the final table of today's SNG, I missed your opening paragraph, and read it only now.

Sorry about that terrible thing happening near you. Hope you will still hear better news.

My cheerful SNG talk in the reply sounds quite silly, comparing to this tragedy.

I'm sorry,

PrayingMantis
Old 02-03-2004, 08:03 PM

Location: Wonderful Copenhagen, home of The Feared Danish Mob

Hi Tim,

I also want to say that I hope you will soon hear some good news about the avalanche tragedy.

Poker is just so unimportant compared to these kind of things.

All my best thoughs,
William
Old 02-03-2004, 08:23 PM

Sorry to hear about this, Tim.

I wrote a post already about this, but explorer decided to eat it (took me too long to write, I think).

Anyway, I got what I needed to win in a tough field like this: lucky at the right times (two pairs vs. overcards held up, and a big steal was called by a low pair which I outflopped).

My breakthrough hand:

At 100/200/25, I have KJo in the bb, and 3200 chips. Stoneii limps from the cutoff, and I read it as a weak hand. However, I am not ready to risk a lot on this hand, so I check. Flop comes AA3 rainbow, and I check, preparing to buy this pot. Stoneii bets 400, I call, thinking I will represent the slowplayed Ax. However, the turn brings a K, putting two of a suit out there. I check, then raise his 800 bet allin (he started with 3000). Surprisingly, he calls, but my KJ stays ahead of his KT. Comments?

Thanks,
Craig
Old 02-03-2004, 10:42 PM

I'm very sorry to hear about your neighbor, please let us know if there is any good news. We will keep him in our prayers.

On a side note, I wanted to thank you for starting the second one table sng, which I ended up winning.

Adam
Old 02-03-2004, 10:50 PM

I got to watch some of the game today. Sorry I couldn't play, computer glitched about the time i tried to log onto stars.

Sorry about your neighbor. If prayers will help, you will have them from your friends at 2+2.

Doc
Old 02-03-2004, 11:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

My breakthrough hand:

At 100/200/25, I have KJo in the bb, and 3200 chips. Stoneii limps from the cutoff, and I read it as a weak hand. However, I am not ready to risk a lot on this hand, so I check. Flop comes AA3 rainbow, and I check, preparing to buy this pot. Stoneii bets 400, I call, thinking I will represent the slowplayed Ax. However, the turn brings a K, putting two of a suit out there. I check, then raise his 800 bet allin (he started with 3000). Surprisingly, he calls, but my KJ stays ahead of his KT. Comments?

[/ QUOTE ]

How much of a bet on the flop would've have induced a fold on your part? Did you observe him limping into flops with other marginal hands?

Very nice read, and play in my opinion. I admit I would've folded to his flop bet. Do you think that would necessarily be weak?

Old 02-04-2004, 04:28 AM

Tim

I too missed the gravity of the events in my original reading of your post.

Sorry to hear your news. Let's hope for a miracle outcome.

My original response seems rather trivial now - apologies if it caused anyone any offence by apparently ignoring the events away from the table.