Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 01-31-2004, 05:39 PM

Default Question about 2 + 2 tournaments online and King of the Zoo tournament

I am new to the website and I have seen a few posts about 2 + 2 sng tournaments and I was wondering how I could get involved in playing in them. I have also seen the King of the Zoo tournament at pokerstars and I was wondering what I needed to do to play in that tournament as well.

thanks,
adam
Old 01-31-2004, 08:21 PM

Default Re: Question about 2 + 2 tournaments online and King of the Zoo tournament

For the KOTZ on pokerstars you need 25 posts and then you can pm emarkm for the password info.

For the 1 or 2 table tournies, just get there on time and signup.

Ken Poklitar
Old 01-31-2004, 11:50 PM

Default Re: Question about 2 + 2 tournaments online and King of the Zoo tournament

I still maintain that FAR more than 25 posts should be the criteria for entrance into KOTZ (no offense to new guys). Perhaps 200 would be a better number. Of course I haven't actually participated in the KOTZ tourney yet, so maybe I should just shut the hell up! (last time it was a game I liked, I was doing other work that interfered with playing poker). When it's anything omaha related, you can be sure I won't be there. Perhaps next time it's no limit hold'em....

Still tho, I will be there for the big toons/zoo/ss tourney this thursday.

And just incase you're on the other team(s)...

your momma's so fat, last time she ate a steak the whole herd disappeared!

al
Old 02-01-2004, 02:32 PM

We are having a Challenge Tournament on Thursday - Teams from the Zoo (Internet Forum), the SS (Small Stakes Forum), and the Touns (Tournament Forum), are meeting for an NLHE rumble at TruePoker at 8.30pmEST, $20+$2. (Password entry.)

You are welcome to pm me to offer to represent a Team, if you wish. (If you click on my name on this post and then look at my previous posts on the Tournament you will be able to find out all about it, and see the sidebets and bounties, etc.)

One important thing that TwoPlusTwo insists upon with these things is that we must make it clear that they are NOT TwoPlusTwo arranged or supported Tournaments. They are arranged privately and independently by posters in the forums supplied by TwoPlusTwo.

I hope you join in - I suspect you will enjoy it greatly, and the quality of play when the pride of some of the best players on the internet is at stake is something to behold.

Old 02-01-2004, 06:00 PM

Adam,

You have been added to the weekly mailing list for SNG games. Here is this week's schedule:

Officially the "Legs OPen Championship"
2+2 SnG $10+1 NLHE on STARS 8PM GMT/3PM EST (TUESDAY Feb 3)
Look for t_perkin signon.

2+2 SNG $10+1 NLHE on STARS 9:30PM EST (WEDNESDAY Feb 4)
Look for DrPhysic signon.

Games for 2+2 posters. Not sponsored by Two Plus Two Publishing.

Here's the proceedure:
At 9:30 Eastern, 8:30 Central, 6:30 Pacific Wednesday

I will sign on to the first available empty $10+1 18 player NLHE SNG on Stars. It may take a few minutes after the hour for a previous table to fill. I log on as DrPhysic. That's how you find the table. After the game starts, I will post "DrPhysic 2+2" on the chat line. All invited to do so
using either Stars login name or preferably 2+2 login name.

A second game in the evening has been being started by either myself or VinnytheFish. We have regularly filled two 18 person SNG's.

All 2+2ers who play that are not already on pm notice list, please pm me with Stars name so we can send invitation to future games and include you in the reports.

Name Clarification. I have had questions about this:

Many 2+2ers use same name on the poker sites. Some do not. Some who do not, log onto the site, then put thier 2+2 name on the chat line.

A few choose to not reveal their names which is ok.

Send me a PM with a request to be added to the address book for SNG notices if you want them. Does not have to include playing name.

It's their business if they choose not to out themselves. They are of course welcome to play anonymously.

A game for 2+2 posters. Not sponsored by Two Plus Two Publishing.
__________________________________________________ _

Note: t_perkin signs on the afternoon game to get it started. (evening time for the european bunch)

See you then.

Doc

Old 02-01-2004, 07:23 PM

I think you need to be careful about excluding people who prefer not to post unless they have something really orginal to say. They may still be very regular readers.

But then I am not really quite sure what the remit of the KotZ is so maybe I shouldn't be writing this...

Tim

p.s.: I am not in any way including myself in the above mentioned "Silent but clever" group. I just think that no. of posts is not necessarily a good way to judge somebody. Plus it encourages people to post bollocks (like this).
Old 02-01-2004, 07:42 PM

Default not a happy bunny

I am not happy about the way that the tournament is still billed as "ZOO SS Rematch" in True.

When we whup your asses our name goes at the *front* of the bill ok? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

tim
Old 02-01-2004, 10:51 PM

Default Re: not a happy bunny

when - cancel that - if you whup anyone's asses then hell has frozen over and there won't be bills not nowhere so i wouldn't worry about it
Old 02-05-2004, 01:04 PM

I am not in any way including myself in the above mentioned "Silent but clever" group. I just think that no. of posts is not necessarily a good way to judge somebody. Plus it encourages people to post bollocks (like this).

I think it is pretty obvious why I introduced the 25 post rule to KotZ events - otherwise you get all kinds of stragglers entering the events and the event might as well be a normal tournament rather than a '2+2' event. FYI there were one or two people who made 25 crap posts last year and I didn't allow them to enter, so posting bollocks does not guarantee entry into KotZ. That's my two penneth on that issue.

As far as upping the limit to 200 posts is concerned, I have no doubt the event would be labelled elitist, even more so than it is already. I have been abused in the past by people saying that 25 posts is elitist.

Simon
Old 02-05-2004, 01:39 PM

I'm the Tournament Director for King of the Zoo. You need to PM me with your Stars ID and email address and I can add you to the password distribution list. You do need 25 post to qualify, so you have a few more to go.

As to the comment that you should have more than 25 to qualify, like 200, I disagree. This is just for fun and I don't want to limit participation by restricting it to just the diehards. First, I like the big fields we're getting and a lot of them come from newer posters eager to play and prove themselves against the regulars. Second, there are those who have +200 posts that have had less quality content than those who only have 30. Thirdly, we've induced a lot of lurkers out of closet to come out and start posting to get the 25 minimum. Lurkers who probably wouldn't have been lured out if we set the minimum at 200 or some other goal that would take months to achieve or produce a ton of useless posts. Lastly, a lot of the guys who are just over 25 are relative newbies and who's opposed to having some dead money in these events [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img].