Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Probability
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2003, 03:02 PM

Default Odds of winning the hand.... assuming we\'re all playing POKER

I've seen a number of simulators that can crank the basic math and tell you how often your hand will win against N opponants with random hands, or with S&M Group X hands and everyone stays through showdown. What I'm wondering is, does software exist that actually plays the hands like a poker player?

I started working on the design of such an app, the issues that are involved, and how to get accurate, realistic information on those decision out of pokertracker... and then it occurred to me that somebody may have already done the heavy lifting and all I really need to do is hand over my credit card.

I'd greatly appreciate leads on any such simulators, though if it doesn't exist it's probably just as well, since examining the problem-space will force me to confront a large number of issues that exist in my poker game, and will likely be a long-term +EV study.
Old 09-25-2003, 06:05 PM

Default Re: Odds of winning the hand.... assuming we\'re all playing POKER

[ QUOTE ]
I've seen a number of simulators that can crank the basic math and tell you how often your hand will win against N opponants with random hands, or with S&M Group X hands and everyone stays through showdown. What I'm wondering is, does software exist that actually plays the hands like a poker player?

I started working on the design of such an app, the issues that are involved, and how to get accurate, realistic information on those decision out of pokertracker... and then it occurred to me that somebody may have already done the heavy lifting and all I really need to do is hand over my credit card.

I'd greatly appreciate leads on any such simulators, though if it doesn't exist it's probably just as well, since examining the problem-space will force me to confront a large number of issues that exist in my poker game, and will likely be a long-term +EV study.

[/ QUOTE ]

Try Wilson software and Turbo Texas Holdem. You are able to configure different playing styles and lineups.

Old 09-25-2003, 06:44 PM

Where do you find the win percentages against S&M Group X hands? I have seen the ones you mention against all hands but not the other.
Old 09-26-2003, 12:07 AM

I was thinking of PokerCalculator when I said that, though I know I saw another one someplace too.